50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts week ending 8/25/2013 (Read 8 times)

Art in AZ

5 miles today. Ran mid-morning because of schedule and could feel the difference.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

rmcj001

Back from vacation.  Got 1 real run in last week on Friday - 4.1 miles in about 35 minutes.  All done with the high altitude training for now.

6.0 miles in 49:57 today and 91F with a bit of humidity.  First mile was quickest today, which is unusual for me, didn't feel that fast, but the rest of the run felt like a slog.  I think it took a mile for the heat to set in.  Quite a change from Colorado.

Ray

adkkev

3.5 earlier this evening ... taper week.

adkkev

3.8 this evening, watching the sun set & the full moon rise.

rmcj001

7.1 miles Tuesday, 63 minutes.  First consecutive days of running in over a week and it felt like a slog.  Supposed to run this morning with co-worker, he's late...

Ray

rmcj001

4.1 miles with co-worker ~35:30 this morning.

Ray

Art in AZ

Figure about 5 miles this morning. Weather was cloudy with what look like rain clouds which kept the heat in. So this mornings run it was 92 degrees. And because of the clouds and slight breeze it's about 96 degrees now. We may not even break 100.

Ray - I'm sure after about a week of running you'll be back in the swing of things.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

5 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

3.6 miles tonight, warm & a bit humid but really not too bad for a short run ... that's it for me until Saturday.

rmcj001

akkev - enjoy the time off.

Art - I know eventually things will come together.  It's hard to predict how time off will affect us...Thanks for the kind words.

Had a pretty good run this evening.  7 miles in just under 56 minutes.  Last 4 miles were all under 8.  The last couple miles it was bargaining time - if you can get average time under 8 you can stop.  7 miles was my limit, so bargaining didn't work Smile  Tired, but feeling good.

Ray

Art in AZ

6 miles this morning.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

rmcj001

6.1 miles at lunch...Hoping to do a 5K on Sunday...

Ray

adkkev

Saturday: Green Lakes Endurance Runs 50k.  Finished 84/98.  Which is fine by me.  And now my legs feel like ... jello.

Art in AZ

5 miles this morning. Weather was cloudy, humid and very muggy.

adkkev - Congrats on the race. I look at being able to finish any race a good thing. Especially a 50K. That's what, a marathon and a 10K or is it a 10K and a marathon?

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

rmcj001

adkkev - Awsome job!  31.1 miles? Damn!

Art - I think it's a marathon + an 8K, but no matter it's a damn long way.

12 miles in 1:46:28 Home to Dish run.  Skipped 5K this morning, did long run instead...

Ray