A-Z Recipes

Anyone want to contribute to the menu? (Read 138 times)

On Friday, my friend, Wendy, new RA member & fairly new runner (few wks in to the C25K program) just purchased a beautiful, old Victorian home in the town where we live. It will be a breakfast/lunch cafe and future inn/bed & breakfast. It will also be available to rent in the evenings for dinner parties, receptions, dinner meetings, etc, catered by us. We will also be catering larger events at other locations. She previously owned a family restaurant in a nearby town which burned down this summer. Her previous restaurant was focused towards home cooking. At this restaurant, we are looking for a healthier focus, a smaller menu, lighter fare. Of course, we will have a fair amount of fattening desserts & baked goods also. The menu will be small, just a few regular items, and we'll focus on selling the daily features (many to come from my creative genius!). You'll be able to come in the front door & purchase a quick muffin & coffee or be seated in one of the lovely dining rooms & be served. So....what I'm looking for are some ideas. Again, we want to focus on healthy, but this must be balanced by the fact that we live in a small, Midwestern farming town where the locals like their meat & taters! In other words, don't go too tofu crazy or we'll sink in a month. Desserts or baked items are always good too. We are looking at a few breakfast basics that will stay on the menu, a few sandwiches, salads & soups that will stay as well. From there, it will be feature heaven. We do not want to be another greasy spoon restaurant/bar. We have a couple of those. We want to be a place to go for a quick meal that doesn't involve a fry-daddy! Furthermore, if you'd like to contribute any naming ideas, that'd be good too. We want class, but not snob, different, but not weird. Conformity is expected, to an extent, in this area. Sucks, but that's the way it is. The original name idea was Soiree, however we were planning on being open Thurs, Fri, Sat nights then. Now we are more focused on 7am-3pm with the exception of the catered events. Since soiree is technically defined as an evening gathering, maybe this wouldn't be the right name? We want this place to be somewhere you can go to eat, have a coffee/cappucino, or a drink, hang out & enjoy time with your friends. Looking for a name that reflects something like this...a place to gather with friends. So impress me with your creativity (translation: help me with more ideas!). I'm working on a long list of recipes as we speak. Thanks guys!! Eryn
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On the french theme, how about Tête - à - Tête or Rendezvous? As far as menu items, lemme give that some thought. I will say that that cranberry vinaigrette I make ALWAYS goes over well. I usually do it on a salad with walnuts and dried cranberries. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay