A-Z Recipes

Another GREAT Trader Joe's Find (Read 295 times)

BROWN JASMINE RICE !!! Surprised It's my favorite rice in the whole world, but I have really cut back on it, due to the " White" Factor. I have some baking in the oven right now for use in a beans rice and peppers dish later on. I am totally happy! Trader Joe's seems to have the Coolest stuff when you least expect it.... and the cheapest organic stuff anywhere.... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Brown Jasmine Rice eliminates the purpose of having jasmine rice and, therefore, is really no different than any other ling grained brown rice. Evil grin
        Brown Jasmine Rice eliminates the purpose of having jasmine rice and, therefore, is really no different than any other ling grained brown rice. Evil grin
        Big grin

running yogi

Why do you say that ? Are you talking about the aroma, because I use brown basmati rice and it is more fragnant than other long grain brown rice.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I say that because we don't have a Trader Joe's in Nashville. Yet.
              I say that because we don't have a Trader Joe's in Nashville. Yet.
              I.Can't.Believe.That. Shocked You have the Fresh Market in Brentwood though.... yes?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes to Fresh Market. Fresh Market is overpriced and the produce is not all that good. They DO have a great chocolate and drinks selection. We have a Whole Foods which is not bad. We have loads of farmers' markets all over town, all of which are fab! Trader Joes will be here later this year. I find that a lot of the big chain-like organic places like Whole Foods and Wild Oats and Fresh market have big beautiful organic produce and meats/fish but that they are absolutely without flavor. I prefer locally grown foods which is why I tend to use the local produce shops and Farmers' Markets. We have a tiny produce store that sells local organics, and it is fab. All those peaches I got? That is where they came from. BTW, I got another 15 lbs of peaches from there today, along with some purple scuppernogs, some heirloom tomatoes and some local unhomogenized milk.
                  Yes to Fresh Market. Fresh Market is overpriced and the produce is not all that good. Agree. Trader Joes will be here later this year. You will like them alot..... They have alot of weird hard to find items, like as far as ethnic stuff.
                  I agree on all accounts. Rarely do I buy produce out of places like that, for that reason. with the exception of bananas. Hub and I eat an insane amount of bananas around here. It is way cool that you have that local market. It is sort of a dream of mine to open one just like that, except to provide healthy take away meals for busy families. Who knows right? Can you beleive that Whole Foods is NOT in Charlotte? We are building the Nascar Hall of fame though, I guess that was more important than giving folks un-processed food. Evil grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is the place, not far from where I work - http://www.produceplace.com/v3/
                      Oh Wow Trent! That is so cool! How lucky are you to have that nearby? When we come over for the Monkey, will this place be accessible? I would love to roam around in there and take some goodies home. ?? Looks like Hub and I are coming in Friday Evening, I made reservations at the Hampton as you suggested, but we will leave late afternoon of the race to head back home. Hub has to work that Monday..... I guess I need to check and see how many hours it is to drive to you... I am thinking 6 or so, Not too bad.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This place is in town from the Hampton Inn and the monkey, but not terribly far. You really ought to go Saturday morning to the Farmers' market downtown on eighth avenue north, just north of the State Capitol, then go to the Produce Place. Produce Place is not open on Sunday.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tonight's dinner: lima beans (from the Produce Place) stewed in roma tomatoes (from the Produce Place) pureed and cooked down with cornbread my DD9 made. Beans and maters are local organic and packed with flavor. These were spiced with olive oil, truffled salt and smoked salt. (not from the Produce Place)
                            Perhaps in all your free time, ( Wink ) you can map me out an itinerary of all the must see's while there.... Not really into the trendy Country Music scene too much, but cool places to check out... That is provided I am not tied up doing some volunteer cooking for the potluck! I guess it will all depend on what race duties I get assigned to. Looking so forward to seeing all ya'll in person. Hopefully it will become a new Tradition for us in November. Smile

truffled salt and smoked salt. (not from the Produce Place)
                              Dude. Truffled Salt. DAMN. Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I got it a couple years ago. It lasts forever...a tiny bit goes a loooooong way!