A-Z Recipes

Chocolate Covered Apricots (Read 146 times)

Made these for my wife last night, and they went over really well. Note that I do not measure anything when I cook so these are very approximate serving sizes: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or other semi-sweet chocolate Dollop of shortening Dried apricots Melt the chocolate chips in a pan on the stove or a bowl in the microwave (if in the microwave, only for 30 seconds at a time and then stir, shouldn't need more than 1 minute total) Mix in the shortening Dip the apricots, throw on wax paper on the counter, when done refrigerate. Very fast, very easy, and makes the wife happy while she's studying for law school exams. (Also makes her forgive you for not buying her chocolate bars or ice cream like you normally would - not that I worried about it since I had these planned.)

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Chocolate covered anything. Yum!
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

After reading this, I put a bunch of strawberries in the food dehydrator...now just gotta melt me some chocolate!!!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent, how do strawberries work in the dehydrator? I once tried cranberries and they were pretty gross...more work than they were worth, for sure. I cooked them until they popped, first, drained them, then spread them out on the dehydrator, but they just had a nasty texture after drying. Blaine, I love dried apricots...and chocolate. That stuff sounds dangerous.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay