A-Z Recipes

Trent..... (Read 351 times)

running yogi

Trent, I am getting this endless supply of the hugest and the most delicious Armenian cucumber from my CSA. Do u have any ideas from them other than salad ?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

running yogi

Pickles!
      i have never in my life made pickles, i guess now is my calling. thanks !
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is very easy. I usually make cooked pickles. Just make a salty brine (salt + vinegar + water) with flavorants (garlic, peppercorns, herbs, etc). I usually use 2 cups water, 2 cups vinegar and a 1/4 cup of kosher salt. Stuff a jar tight tight with the cukes (cut or whole) and pour the boiling brine over it, then close the jar loosely and put it in a big pot of boiling water to simmer for another 20 minutes. Pickles in 2 weeks.

running yogi

It is very easy. I usually make cooked pickles. Just make a salty brine (salt + vinegar + water) with flavorants (garlic, peppercorns, herbs, etc). I usually use 2 cups water, 2 cups vinegar and a 1/4 cup of kosher salt. Stuff a jar tight tight with the cukes (cut or whole) and pour the boiling brine over it, then close the jar loosely and put it in a big pot of boiling water to simmer for another 20 minutes. Pickles in 2 weeks.
          mmm... will try that. thanks ! After 20 minutes of simmering should it go in the refrigerator or stay out ?
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I usually put them in the pantry.