A-Z Recipes

Freeze peaches in syrup or without? (Read 183 times)

Double IPA Please!

What is best? Like Trent- we have a caboodle of peaches that I would like to freeze and then go pick some more.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I freeze peaches cut up, as is. I would can them in jars with syrup. We are almost through with out 50 lbs...

Double IPA Please!

Thanks.. Holy crap! 50lbs?! How do you do up your syrup?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Simple syrup. Quarter or eighth peaches. Pack them into jars. Pour over them a hot syrup made from 1:1 sugar:water. Close the jars and then boil them or pressure seal them, I think it is 20 or 30 minutes (I'd have to look it up). Freezing them is easier. I cut them into eighth, then acrossways to sixteenths and freeze them on a cookie sheet with the skin down. Once frozen, I put them in freezer bags.

Double IPA Please!

Thanks!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This seems reasonable: http://www.pickyourown.org/peachescanning.htm They recommend a slightly lighter syrup, more like 1:2 sugar:water.

Double IPA Please!

so funny- my mail just came and in it was our Pick Your Own Newsletter that gives instructions and tons of recipes Big grin