Arizona Runners

Arizona Races (Read 362 times)

A is A

Let's talk about racing, track and field meets, cross country meets, and other running events in Arizona.
    Kennedy

Well, technically New Mexico isn't IN Arizona, but it's nearby. I was starting to think everyone who uses this site for their running log lives in Nashville, Tennessee (not that there's anything wrong with that). I would like to run a few races in the Phoenix-Tempe area, so maybe I can get race dates and info from someone eventually. I'm in the northwest corner of New Mexico, about 45 minutes from Arizona.

A is A

Hi! Great, thanks for joining. New Mexico is definitely close enough. I have thought about road trips to races in NM before. I live in Tucson which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Silver City. The Pat Tillman run is this weekend, in Tempe, if you are interested. I'll be there with 15,000 of my closest friends Smile. http://www.patsrun.com/tempe.php
        Kennedy

15,000 is a lot of people. I'm running a small 5K in Durango, Colorado, this weekend. I'll be surprised if there are more than 50 people in that one. This will be my first race in 9 months, so we'll see how I hold up. I ran a time trial on the track about 3 weeks ago, and felt like I was in oxygen debt the whole way. My time was pretty mediocre, and I remember thinking to myself, "I'm not really unhappy with the time, but that time shouldn't have hurt anywhere near this much." Hopefully this Saturday will be different. Have fun in your race and let me know how you do.
            I did Pat's Run last year and it's a lot of fun... huge event, I've never run with that many people before, and for the most part everyone has a great attitude. I'd love to do it again this year (I live in Tempe) but I've been having some trouble with my right glute/hip/lower back area and I'm trying to let it heal and recover and not aggravate it and make it worse.

A is A

HI, Thanks. Yay! I'm excited about the race. Apparently it's only like 5,000 people, heh. But still that's like 4,000 more than I have ever run with. It ought to be great fun and hopefully it will be cool enough to run easy -- eeek the heat is on out here! Cheers.
              Kennedy

How did your race go? Mine was just as I expected, maybe 50 runners, but a great course with lots of downhill. I ran 18:51, which is the first time I've broken 19 minutes since 1990. It was probably the equivalent of a 20:00 5k for me, but hey, if the downhill is there, you might as well use it, right? Hope your race went well!

A is A

Thanks. The race was terrific. I got my best time ever for that distance. The course was mostly flat with some easy hills and some downhill to catch up on. I finished the 4.2 in 41:25. I am extremely pleased. I pushed pretty hard at this race. I'll put up a link to my You Tube video soon to come. It was a very fun race and really packed with people. I've never run in such a dense field of runners. It was kinda crazy having to weave so much! Cheers.
                  kelsalynn

I've heard so many positive things about Pat's Run. I should have done it this year...not sure why I didn't. I've never been to NM but my husband loved it there... I'd love to visit just to do a race! Are there any other 5Ks, 10Ks, or half-marathons coming up? I guess it's a little too hot around Phoenix these days, but what about up north?