Beginners and Beyond

Winter Weather WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Hip Redux

Condolences, Scotty!  Sad

My "aunt" died December 30.

I don't know if you guys have heard, but it's cold out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry, scotty.

Oski, it's cold?

Damaris

DavePNW

Rest day, best day.

Dave

delicate flower

Rest day, best day.

Knee all better?

<3

LRB

I was going to suggest you try it like a woman wearing a skirt. Same motion.

That's where I got the idea, experience pays. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

SRD for me, and Rocky isn't too pleased about it. My little guy is feeling much better today, still congested but he's running amuck and not letting the snot slow him down.

Hope everyone has a great day, and don't freeze!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

But I understand you own a truck, and the car is your work vehicle, right? 

Right on both counts. I had a truck for four years then my boss decided to reward me with one of the newer cars.  Thanks boss.

LRB

Oski, it's cold?

Only 9 here with a wind chill of -5.  Hey, don't hate the player hate the game. 

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Robotics season is back in, so I will be running at the HS track tonight while waiting to pick up DD.  If there's a group workout tonight, I might run with them.  Hopefully that will make the miles go faster, right? Smile

DavePNW

Knee all better?

Well one never likes to make any such proclamations. But it should be a positive sign that the reason I am happy about the rest day is that I am kind of worn out from running.

Dave

onemile

I ran 8 on the TM last night.  -3 this morning (which was the warmest morning so far this week).  I suppose another indoor run tonight.

LRB

Well one never likes to make any such proclamations. 

Smart man. I usually just say it doesn't bother me at the moment.

Little Blue

I see lots of treadmill days in my future. Most sidewalks are not cleared and if they were there is a thin sheet of ice.

Maryland had delays for cold last year. It was not below zero. The new Baltimore city schools CEO is fr Michigan. It sounds like he feels the schools should open when safe and yesterday was safe. Plus the kiddos need supervision. Kinda hard to have that supervision when all traffic is gridlocked. Hopefully he learns snow freaks the natives out.

My first year at NC State, the new chancellor was from New Hampshire.  He saw no reason to cancel classes just because of a little snow.  Well lemme tell ya, guy, 4" in NH is a lot different than 4" in NC!!  He got a clue after nobody showed up, including faculty and students who lived on campus.

Scotty, my mother had a similar group of friends.  There were five girls who met up around 5th grade.  They stayed friends throughout their entire lives.  When my mom was on her death bed, one couple drove down from Ohio to NC to say goodbye to her.  That was in 2002, I'm not sure if any of them are still alive or not.  Really blessed to have those lifetime friends!

Oh, and that reminds me of my DH's "aunt and uncle".  They were friends of his grandparents, and were always, always there.  I was in the family 20+ years before I learned that they were not actually relatives!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, sounds like she had an exciting life and was a was a really nice lady Smile I bet the 3 of them are happy to finally be together again.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 8 on the TM last night.  -3 this morning (which was the warmest morning so far this week).  I suppose another indoor run tonight.

Are you back to evening running full time?

It's funny that I don't even consider it. I either run in the morning or it's a rest day, as was the case today.

I suppose if I were training for something it would be different, but then I would have just gotten up and ran.