Beginners and Beyond

A1A Ft. Lauderdale Half Marathon RR: Powered by KK Donuts, Mtn Dew, and Migraine Pills (Read 65 times)

hog4life

Great job Damaris! I love that bling.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

01-10:50

02-10:57

03-10:34

04-10:24

05-10:26

06-9:23

07-9:27

08-9:28

09-9:28

10-9:36

11-9:28

12-9:29

13-9:28

So 6 minutes off a PR and 11 off a sub-2:00 on what was essentially a training run. When do we start dreaming of whacking one or both? Or will that take a backseat to your marathon exploits?

I don't like racing HMs (or training for that) so it will happen by accident during marathon training.  And I run most with hubby so I have few and far chances.  Montreal might be one where I try, we will see.

Damaris

PADRunner

Congrats D, nice job.

LRB

I don't like racing HMs (or training for that) so it will happen by accident during marathon training.  And I run most with hubby so I have few and far chances.  Montreal might be one where I try, we will see.

I can dig it, we all have our thing. Nice job and good luck in Paris!

delicate flower

Nice race, Docket!  Would have been cool to see what you'd have done if this were a true race.  Love that medal.

FYI, 48 degrees for a HM is singlet weather.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ran in the cami and then put the sharmer back on while waiting for hubby!

Damaris

LRB

I ran in the cami and then put the sharmer back on while waiting for hubby!

I love that thing. If they made a male version I would be all about it.

Great job! I love the medal. Good luck in Paris! Big grin

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Julia1971

Congratulations on a well run race!  I'm so glad you're having cooler weather and it's helping your asthma.  I was very impressed by your splits and the fact that the pace came easy for you.  Such a good sign. Smile

(I like the sharmer.  It's a little fancier than a set of arm warmers but serves the same function.  I might have to get one...)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congratulations on a well run race!  I'm so glad you're having cooler weather and it's helping your asthma.  I was very impressed by your splits and the fact that the pace came easy for you.  Such a good sign. Smile

(I like the sharmer.  It's a little fancier than a set of arm warmers but serves the same function.  I might have to get one...)

If you decide, let me know.  I'll get you the brand name.

Damaris

DavePNW

Nice job, congrats! I'm sure there will be no KK or MtD to be found in Paris. You'll have to go with the French equivalent - a wheel of brie and bottle of Bordeaux. You might have to take a mid-race nap.

Dave

happylily

Damaris, I googled and googled to find you a KK Donuts location in Paris, but all I could find was a franchise in Paris, Illinois... Maybe I should look under "Beignets Cremeux et Croustillants". For some reason, translated, it sounds really kinky...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

Nice job, congrats! I'm sure there will be no KK or MtD to be found in Paris. You'll have to go with the French equivalent - a wheel of brie and bottle of Bordeaux. You might have to take a mid-race nap.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, I googled and googled to find you a KK Donuts location in Paris, but all I could find was a franchise in Paris, Illinois... Maybe I should look under "Beignets Cremeux et Croustillants". For some reason, translated, it sounds really kinky...

Thanks.  Hmmm, beignets....

LOL, Dave and Oski.

Damaris

Great job, D.

Maybe the weather will be similar in Paris and you'll be able to run as well.  Very nice pics, can't wait to hear if patisserie yums work as well as krispy kreme (or better!)