Tuesdailies (Read 20 times)

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with strides

sdWhiskers

4 miles.

Kid has signed up for a duathlon, as part of a school project to work on all year. One of his friends did a half marathon last year but I felt like that was a bit too much running for being only 10 (and I don't want him to hate running). He was really wanting to do a triathlon but committing to swim lessons and weekly swimming...just don't have bandwidth for that. The closest pool to us is only open during school hours  So, run-bike-run it is! The one we're targeting is 5km-15km-5km so nothing too crazy. He can run 3 miles now, with about 1 min walking each mile so not a bad starting point for a spring race.

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  I ran for an hour at a very easy effort before sunrise.  It's just so nice to be running with no injury pain again.  I haven't felt this way since June. 

Kid has signed up for a duathlon, as part of a school project to work on all year.

I love the duathlon!  This is a great way to introduce someone to multisport racing.  I did several of these before I ever got in a pool.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Speaking of multisport, there is a new Ironman 70.3 at Columbia Point Park in Richland, WA on Sept 22 next year.  I assume DaveP will be doing it.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SDW - Good luck to the kid in his duathlon training and racing!

I ran 12 this morning, including 4 x 1½ miles with 800m recoveries.  The workout was a bit tough, coming off Sunday's long hills run, but I finished strong.  Only 1 more track workout before the race.  Only 4 more days, including race day, where I have to get up early.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles for me today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

DavePNW

Whiskers—nice! I agree on a 10yo doing a half…yeesh. Was his friend who did it 9 at the time? 

Speaking of multisport, there is a new Ironman 70.3 at Columbia Point Park in Richland, WA on Sept 22 next year.  I assume DaveP will be doing it.

LOLOL. That’s actually in the opposite corner of the state from me, probably a 4 hr drive. It’s of course part of the famous Tri-Cities of Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick.

Dave

DavePNW

Oh and I just got an email from the Chicago Marathon telling me I qualified for guaranteed entry to the 2024 race, based on my time running it last year, encouraging me to apply. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh and I just got an email from the Chicago Marathon telling me I qualified for guaranteed entry to the 2024 race, based on my time running it last year, encouraging me to apply. 

Sweet! I applied via legacy.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have Pilates after work but still waiting on my miles for the rest of this week from my coach which should come in tonight. She normally gives me 3/5 or 5/3 for Monday/Tuesday so I could go out and run 3 but not feeling it, lol. I'll wait and see.

Damaris

12, three loops of accotink real slow… post run have a little irritation in the seam in the right ham.  That’s okay, was expecting worse from the sidewalk tilt run Sunday.

laying on the couch been searching for winter races and only one catching my eye is because of the name:

Chutzpah Chanukkah 8 Mile Race

https://runningintheusa.com/details/110752

DavePNW

Sweet! I applied via legacy.

I’m not applying, but nice to know I can! Thinking about NYCM. I think Baboon is the only other one who this impacts, but they’re making changes in how they handle time qualifiers (for non-NYRR). For 2024, they’re instituting a Boston-style cutoff instead of making you play beat the website. And for 2025, they’re eliminating the ability to qualify with a half. It will be interesting to see what the cutoffs look like.

Dave

DavePNW

ing on the couch been searching for winter races and only one catching my eye is because of the name:

Chutzpah Chanukkah 8 Mile Race

https://runningintheusa.com/details/110752

Do they make everyone pronounce it correctly in order to run it?

Dave

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I wouldn't mind racing Chicago some day. Congratulations  Dave on your automatic acceptance should you choose it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**