Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES want to know one thing... (Read 46 times)

LRB

Anyway, I have a 90 minute run to complete so I am off!

I ran 11 in 94 minutes.  On this day last year I ran 11 in about 90 minutes flat.  In running terms I think that just means that I am a year wiser, not slower.

LMAO

Anyway, Garmin says I burned 1500+ calories, and I plan to eat that times a factor of two over the course of the next 10 hours! I started with some yummy peanut butter flavored Cheerios and now have my sights on some thin-crust deliciousness while I take in Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent.

B-Plus

17.1 with at least 10 @ GMP obthe plan. 3.1 @ at least GMP.

Peace out

LRB

17.1 with at least 10 @ GMP obthe plan. 3.1 @ at least GMP.

Peace out

FFS, you listed your 15 mile run last Sunday as a medium long run?

#notonyourlevel

Cyberic

Half Crazy K 2.0

10.33. Did about 15-20 minutes towards the end at a hard effort-- basically just before mile 7 is the lowest point on the run, so the next 2 miles were rolling uphill.

Apparently I should be modifying my race goals, according to the rag of a local newspaper, the Baltimore Sun. I can't link to the article because it is "premium" content , but basically they interviewed some local runners about the "harsh" winter we had and the impact on training. Let's see, put up my highest mileage month in January, 3rd highest in February and on pace for another high this month. If you WANT to train, you can find a way to get it done.  Heck, my co-worker is training for the Avon 39.3 walk and did a 17 mile walk by doing 44 laps of the mall. Oh, and we got maybe 20 inches of snow for the winter

FreeSoul, dog bathing is a workout.  With my last dog, the workout started with carrying a very unhappy 50-55 lb dog up the stairs. If you have a tub, it is slightly easier on the back to sit on the edge of the tub with your legs in the tub.

LRB

That's funny about carrying the dog up the stairs HCK2. I'm sure the first time he went happily on his own but it only takes once before they can smell a bath coming a mile away. lol

Hip Redux

I pulled an LRB and did some one legged squats on the bosu.  Then I tossed in some one legged deadlifts.  My running sucks but I can gym with the best of 'em.

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's funny about carrying the dog up the stairs HCK2. I'm sure the first time he went happily on his own but it only takes once before they can smell a bath coming a mile away. lol

Nope. Was not a water loving dog. The only time she ever went up the steps was she thought she was invisible and could sneak past the bathroom door on her way to hide in a corner of the bedroom. We went through a period where she had to be bathed every other day due to a full body MRSA outbreak. That was fun.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rainy 4.2 miles

Marjorie

cjones1

Still better than bathing a cat. You gotta go all shark week with the chain mesh suits when washing them bastards. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

I have a URD today. I'm coughing up sputum and blowing my nose like nobody's business. I'm feeling better than yesterday, which sucked.

I hope to feel well enough to run tomorrow.

LRB

Nope. Was not a water loving dog. The only time she ever went up the steps was she thought she was invisible and could sneak past the bathroom door on her way to hide in a corner of the bedroom. We went through a period where she had to be bathed every other day due to a full body MRSA outbreak. That was fun.

Oh, I guessed she was a he. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh, I guessed she was a he. 

Common mistake--English bull terriers aren't exactly a feminine looking dog (think Target dog, Spuds McKenzie).  Plus, I had initially gotten her a red collar. DH said that had to go since it was an OSU color, so she wore a blue collar.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have a URD today. I'm coughing up sputum and blowing my nose like nobody's business. I'm feeling better than yesterday, which sucked.

I hope to feel well enough to run tomorrow.

Feel better! Allergies? I swear with the cold & snow, everything starts blooming at once, making spring slightly less pleasant than it should be.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya, feel better.

Fuck.  I screwed up my lower back on the fly in (think it's the SI joint is out of place). And it hurts like a motherfucker.  Hope some Pilates tomorrow helps.

Damaris