Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES want to know one thing... (Read 46 times)

LRB

The new Divergent was decent. You do not necessarily need to see the first one to follow along.

workinprogress11

Unexpected family + taking family member to ER (he's ok)  + husbands birthday extravaganza = only 20 running miles this week.  5 of them today each faster than the other with a nice fast finish.

B-Plus

FFS, you listed your 15 mile run last Sunday as a medium long run?

#notonyourlevel

Should it have been long run? I'm still using a hybrid o Pfitz and Hansons for the purposes of labelling my log.

Today:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/726728816

Fucking stupid uphill first half was great for visualizing the Newton Hills. To answer LRB's question in the other thread, I focussed on effort.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The new Divergent was decent. You do not necessarily need to see the first one to follow along.

We are watching that next weekend (since we had no time this weekend).

Damaris

delicate flower

Swim clinic this morning was ugly.  I was just spent.  I did what I could, and as tired as I was I definitely made progress today.  I am the slowest and least experienced person in the clinic and that was even more obvious today.  Such a change from yesterday.  But it is what it is.  I'll get there.

Swim + run turned into swim + nap, and I have no regrets.  Tomorrow was an SRD but I'll do today's run tomorrow instead.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul, dog bathing is a workout.  With my last dog, the workout started with carrying a very unhappy 50-55 lb dog up the stairs. If you have a tub, it is slightly easier on the back to sit on the edge of the tub with your legs in the tub.

Sadly our tub isn't very large and Rocky can take up a lot of space in there  I also have to keep the shower curtain shut as he will shake a dozen times throughout the bath time - black fur EVERYWHERE.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I only managed 8 miles.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ran 10 miles today at Pt Pelee National Park with some friends. I have been struggling all week with paces so am no longer sure about how I can do at next week's half marathon (not my goal race but wanted to use it as a time trial) especially considering next week is a high mileage week  per those Hanson brothers whom I lovingly call sadistic. Guess we will have to see how  it all plays out in May.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

I only managed 8 miles.

Your body probably thanks you. There is time left yet to put together a couple of good weeks heading into your race. Your training has been above board.

LRB

Ran 10 miles today at Pt Pelee National Park with some friends. I have been struggling all week with paces so am no longer sure about how I can do at next week's half marathon (not my goal race but wanted to use it as a time trial) especially considering next week is a high mileage week  per those Hanson brothers whom I lovingly call sadistic. Guess we will have to see how  it all plays out in May.

Since it's a high mileage week that removes the pressure to do well. That was the case for me at Romeo 2 Richmond last fall. I still managed a small personal best so there is always the chance for that.

Cyberic

Swim + run turned into swim + nap, and I have no regrets.  Tomorrow was an SRD but I'll do today's run tomorrow instead.

I was absolutely dead after my half last September. I did not get as good a time as you did, but still I was dead. For next September's marathon, held on a sunday, I plan on taking monday and tuesday off. When I read about you and others going on with your training the day after as if nothing happened, I feel like I must be a real wimp.

LRB

For next September's marathon, held on a sunday, I plan on taking monday and tuesday off. When I read about you and others going on with your training the day after as if nothing happened, I feel like I must be a real wimp.

Feel free to take a week or more off after your first. I took four days off last fall and that was my third.

I would have to go look but I believe I took 10 days after my first and 6 after my second.

I cannot envision a scenario where I would run the day after a marathon. If that's being a wimp then count me in. lol

delicate flower

I was absolutely dead after my half last September. I did not get as good a time as you did, but still I was dead. For next September's marathon, held on a sunday, I plan on taking monday and tuesday off. When I read about you and others going on with your training the day after as if nothing happened, I feel like I must be a real wimp.

And I will not be doing that again.  Maybe an easy bike ride next time.

<3

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Since it's a high mileage week that removes the pressure to do well. That was the case for me at Romeo 2 Richmond last fall. I still managed a small personal best so there is always the chance for that.

LOL. You don't know me that well. I may be slow but am the most competitive slow runner ever. I never ever register for a race for "fun" or bling. My times might suggest that is what  I do but I always want to do well.  I do hope to somehow get a PR. This race is stressing me more than it should. I registered for it before realizing it did not in fact fall on my cutback week.  I am blaming the plan for this stress and it's lack of 20 milers. Week 13 is now complete. 13 down and 5 to go.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

LOL. You don't know me that well. I may be slow but am the most competitive slow runner ever. I never ever register for a race for "fun" or bling. My times might suggest that is what  I do but I always want to do well.  I do hope to somehow get a PR. This race is stressing me more than it should. I registered for it before realizing it did not in fact fall on my cutback week.  I am blaming the plan for this stress and it's lack of 20 milers. Week 13 is now complete. 13 down and 5 to go.

Well let's kill it then!