Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES want to know one thing... (Read 46 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Well let's kill it then! 

That's the plan.Big grin

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

onemile

Feel free to take a week or more off after your first. I took four days off last fall and that was my third.

I would have to go look but I believe I took 10 days after my first and 6 after my second.

I cannot envision a scenario where I would run the day after a marathon. If that's being a wimp then count me in. lol

I like to take a week to 10 days off after. My theory is that anyone who doesn't need time off after, didn't race hard enough. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A shot of Jim Beam's Devil's Cut, a couple shots of Midnight Moon moonshine strawberry with some Cran Apple juice....... I am feeling great right now 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

LR was done this afternoon. Most of my other work is done as well. Now watching TV. Sleep will feel good tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

Again I was not clear enough. I post too fast. I meant I will take two days off work. I will more time off from running than two days

Feel free to take a week or more off after your first. I took four days off last fall and that was my third.

I would have to go look but I believe I took 10 days after my first and 6 after my second.

I cannot envision a scenario where I would run the day after a marathon. If that's being a wimp then count me in. lol

Mmmmm...beer

PR'd my half this morning by 1:18 with a 1:26:52.  Plus, I had my first FE!  Got to meet Kristin and Jessica! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Again I was not clear enough. I post too fast. I meant I will take two days off work. I will more time off from running than two days

Oh.  I have never considered taking off from work because the walking around actually helps me with recovery but by all means do as you wish.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

PR'd my half this morning by 1:18 with a 1:26:52.  Plus, I had my first FE!  Got to meet Kristin and Jessica! 

Congrats!

Damaris

LRB

Sweet!

Zelanie

Congrats, D2!  Although we'd expect nothing else from a robot superstar. Smile

Cy, YMMV  but I had no issues going to work the day after my marathon, and I was out there for maybe a couple of hours longer than you would be.  The only real post-marathon shuffle I had to do was in the couple of hours immediately after the race.  Like, getting back to the hotel was the longest walk I have ever walked ever.  And the curbs were like mountains.  But the next day, it felt good to be up and around at work.

I ran 13 today and was just not feeling it.  My muscles were tight and my legs were heavy.  But in a way it was fun to realize that I could still get out there and get the miles done, even on that kind of a day.

Cyberic

Congrats D2. A huge PR as your previous best was already fast!

The day after my half, I went to work (I sit all day) and stared at my computer. I was so exhausted (I'm not talking leg sore here, but deep exhaustion) that I could not concentrate. I left work and went back home to do nothing that needed thinking. That is why this year I'm planning on not one but two days off so I can build back my strength.

13.1 miles of piss-poor racing while watching a guy pull further and further away until he vanished.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome asskicking D2!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Nice! Congrats!

Zelanie

13.1 miles of awesomeness since I was just 3 minutes off my PR even though I had a LR and speed workout in the last 4 days and the other guy had probably tapered and trained his heart out for this just to eke out a win over Jay.

FYP.