Beginners and Beyond

Another Case of the MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

I checked in last night after people probably stopped checking the thread and said I missrd my LR this weekend. I attempted it this morning and figured I would just pretend my running week ended Monday instead of Sunday, but I couldn't get out the door on time to get in the 3.5 miles I needed. So I ended up with 2.5. ugh I suck!! So I guess I need to let the LR go.... grrrr

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Don't sweat it, Kristin! You'll get a long run in next week, or later this week.

Bruce, if I saw 10 degree lows, I probably would just stay home. But the Cleveland forecast shows highs in the 30s and lows in the 20s all week. I can live with that. I've got a heater in the truck.....

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

It could always be worse ... you could be heading to Wisconsin and get to have fun with my week's forecast for running. Wink

Winter Sucks

Heh, I look at that and see treadmill, treadmill, treadmill, outside, outside.  Big grin

<3

B-Plus

It could always be worse ... you could be heading to Wisconsin and get to have fun with my week's forecast for running. Wink

Winter Sucks

Oh good, now I don't feel like a wimp for not packing my running gear Big grin

Sheesh, my legs are toast. 6.6 @ 8:54.

StepbyStep-SH

My forecast looks a lot like Bruce's. There is some snow coming down now, with winds and snow both expected to pick up through the day. Since I want to hit tempo pace for my run, it's TM again. 10 miles planned, with 6 at HM/tempo pace. Might break them up as 3x2miles with 2:00 recoveries. We'll see how it feels when I get there.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ugh. I can run comfortably down to a "feels like" in the high teens but colder than that I am a big ol baby. I do NOT want to visit Wisconsin right now....as much as I love it out there!!!

Winter Sucks

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

My forecast looks a lot like Bruce's. There is some snow coming down now, with winds and snow both expected to pick up through the day. Since I want to hit tempo pace for my run, it's TM again. 10 miles planned, with 6 at HM/tempo pace. Might break them up as 3x2miles with 2:00 recoveries. We'll see how it feels when I get there.

Yep, snow is falling now and we're supposed to get 2-4 inches today. The toughest thing is when your training schedule is already packed for the week with VO2max intervals on Tuesday and MP miles on Sunday's long run ... so there's not a whole lot of wiggle room when the weather throws a curve at you. BTW, isn't Wednesday supposedly the first day of spring?

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just B.S.

Winter Sucks

Bruce, your weather always seem to be quite comparable to mine.

However today's high is 5F, winds of 20mpw,  with up to 20 inches of snow overnight tomorrow.

I don't care if it's 5F or not. These days I  NEED to get out of the house at least once a day and I

don't care how damn cold it is I'm not using the treadmill because that would mean I'm still in the

house and on call.Smile

So today I will freeze my ass of during my 9 mile run and enjoy every second.

StepbyStep-SH

Yep, snow is falling now and we're supposed to get 2-4 inches today. The toughest thing is when your training schedule is already packed for the week with VO2max intervals on Tuesday and MP miles on Sunday's long run ... so there's not a whole lot of wiggle room when the weather throws a curve at you. BTW, isn't Wednesday supposedly the first day of spring?

I think this year is payback for those 70* days last March. I much preferred last year's weather to train for a spring marathon. If I were just logging miles, I'd take my chances in the snow, but I feel like I really need to hit the faster paces to be ready for a BQ attempt.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Back at work for me. Wahhhhhh. I was happy to come in and see that there were no crises in my absence.

Treadmill run planned for tonight since we're getting a gross wintry mix at some point today. I think I'll make the best of it and do a tempo run. So I'll do 30 minutes at tempo pace, and with warmup and cooldown I'll end up with 5-6 miles.

BruceD555

Baboon- Your assessment is close ... today will be TM, tomorrow I'll hit the track for intervals, Wednesday is a planned 15 miles - so that's the tough one to mentally plan for the TM - Thursday is recovery and Friday is another 12 that I will thoroughly enjoy as long as the sun is shining.

B-Plus- So your trip takes you to Wisconsin? You should still run on your travels ... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Wink

kristin10185-  I really don't mind the temperatures, or even the snow that much, it's when you throw in winds and trying to hit a pace that makes it tough. I've run down to -10 or -15 feels like temps and as long as you're smart and layer it's really not that bad for runs up to about 90 minutes.

Total B.S.- I completely understand your circumstances and would be doing the same thing you are. Enjoy your mind-clearing and relaxing 9 miles today.

StepbyStep-SH- Exactly! Last year when I started running, it was just about logging miles and building up endurance. This year is a different mindset where I'm actually training for a race and a goal. I'm thinking if we just split the difference on weather between this year and last ... a nice 50 degrees would be AWESOME!

AprilRunner- Enjoy that first day back to work ... you did remember to change out of PJ's, right? Have a good tempo run later on today as well.

Train smart ... race smarter.

B-Plus

B-Plus- So your trip takes you to Wisconsin? You should still run on your travels ... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Wink

No, but it is currently 9 degrees in Ottawa. The low is actually up to 19 for tomorrow, but I think it's a nice excuse to take a day off after 17 days.

LRB

Supp Crew!

Me and Miss Myrtle got down this morning for a round of 50 reps with the black band, and I finished that up with 50 single leg squats. 

Though two weeks had passed since my last workout, that I was able to do 50 reps again speaks to the long term strength I have built since beginning this program.

I think I will hold firm at 50 reps for the duration of the season, and just work on perfecting my form.

delicate flower

Baboon- Your assessment is close ... today will be TM, tomorrow I'll hit the track for intervals, Wednesday is a planned 15 miles - so that's the tough one to mentally plan for the TM - Thursday is recovery and Friday is another 12 that I will thoroughly enjoy as long as the sun is shining.

Oof....that's about where my treadmill mental capacity ends.  Once or twice I've pushed beyond that, but getting up over two hours is where it gets hard for me.

<3

Hip Redux

Supp Crew!

Me and Miss Myrtle got down this morning for a round of 50 reps with the black band, and I finished that up with 50 single leg squats. 

Though two weeks had passed since my last workout, that I was able to do 50 reps again speaks to the long term strength I have built since beginning this program.

I think I will hold firm at 50 reps for the duration of the season, and just work on perfecting my form.

The other thing you can do for some of the standing moves (like one leg squats, etc) is do them on an unstable surface like a wobble board or bosu ball, etc.

Did my PT too - getting easier with the blue band, but for like a measly 20 reps.