Beginners and Beyond

ToDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Hi.

I got a late start but finally got out the there for a swift 8.

Grilled cheese sandwiches with provolone and cheddar on rosemary bread coming up next!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Did 8 early for me so I could do some last minute shopping and go collect free birthday food. Scored a cupcake from my favorite place and coffee from Starbucks.

Runshortii

SRD and 12 hours of work.

My knee which has been acting up for a month was better earlier in the week, yesterday it only bothered me for a mile or two and was fine for the rest of my 14 miler, and then I wake up today and it’s stiff and hurts like a bitch after sitting in the car on the way to work. And of course now it’s fine. Weird.

Cyberic

Ran 19 in a beautiful sunny winter day, with friends. I had a choice between a group a bit fast for me or a group a bit slow, and I chose the latter. We chatted happily all along.

67 for the week. I still have my cold, but my breathing is much better.

Coastal

Nice miles Cyber.  Sounds like a great run.

Runshortii:  Hope the knee settles.

HalfCrazy:  Happy birthday!

LRB  Thanks for the start.

SRD.  Weather forecast is iffy for my planned Santa hat run tomorrow.  Dumb, yeah, but I like to put on a Santa hat and go for a run on Christmas morning, weather permitting.  Just need to add a red jacket.  Last year black ice put an end to it just down the road when I slid down a hill and into the ditch.  Sore muscles today --  started working the glutes a bit harder yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Watching Cirque Volta and then 18-20 miles on the TM. Hot today so nothing outside.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Hi.

I got a late start but finally got out the there for a swift 8.

Grilled cheese sandwiches with provolone and cheddar on rosemary bread coming up next!

YUM

RunningOnSand

Did 8 early for me so I could do some last minute shopping and go collect free birthday food. Scored a cupcake from my favorite place and coffee from Starbucks.

Happy Birthday!! Cupcakes and coffee are always a solid choice.

RunningOnSand

Nice miles Cyber.  Sounds like a great run.

Runshortii:  Hope the knee settles.

HalfCrazy:  Happy birthday!

LRB  Thanks for the start.

SRD.  Weather forecast is iffy for my planned Santa hat run tomorrow.  Dumb, yeah, but I like to put on a Santa hat and go for a run on Christmas morning, weather permitting.  Just need to add a red jacket.  Last year black ice put an end to it just down the road when I slid down a hill and into the ditch.  Sore muscles today --  started working the glutes a bit harder yesterday.

I think this sounds awesome, Coastal. Hoping the weather holds out for you.

Shortii, sorry to hear about your wonky knee. 

Docket, you are a badass for doing that long on the TM. I did 11'ish on the TM today and felt pretty proud. Big grin It's been nuts on this end--we had our family Christmas celebration yesterday, we've been trying to simultaneously unpack and also find our Christmas decorations and put those up. I'm gonna go to the grocery store and make my lethal egg nog (with a whole shitton of Brandy & Bourbon, and ice cream), and also some brie and a good french baguette. My mouth is watering.

Tomato soup with that, or gtfo.

30 min on the bike, 3 miles on the treadmill.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning. 4 easy miles on the mill, then 20 minutes in the hot tub which felt soooo good on my sore leg. Bought me a new pair of sunglasses for running with some Christmas money. Thanks, mom!  Oakley Flax 2.0 with 30% discount.

18-20 miles on the TM.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Happy birthday!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Surprisingly (because I didn't expect to complete the Strava HM Challenge this month, as AlterG miles don't count for that) -- I ran 13.3.  To the Open Run, Open Run, and a detour back to add on a couple of extra miles.

Of course, my knee hurts now, but at least it's the "bad" one, so... yay?

And I made cookies.  Broken heart cookies!  (Okay, I only broke one heart.  But it's the thought that counts!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

HC - Happy Birthday!

I did 13.2 miles, with 10 at about MP.  I have a pretty wide range atm for marathon pace depending on how close I think I can get to McMillan paces. I basically assume his predicted outcome plus 5-10 minutes, but it will depend on how well training goes and what kind of weather we get on race day. So for training I aim for something in the middle and don't worry if I'm 5-10 seconds per mile too fast or too slow. Since the course I ran was somewhat hilly, I wasn't very consistent in any case.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, Happy Birthday!

bluerun, when my bad knee hurts I panic. Especially since I tore my ligament last year this same week.

Damaris