Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #149 (Read 29 times)

onemile

[laughs in 3:35]

Me too 

DavePNW

Incidentally - my spring marathon (Vancouver in early May) gave the option of submitting a virtual race time, in order to get the shirt and medal. They let you upload a gpx file or just submit a time manually. Although you can still get the shirt & medal without doing that. But for some reason they made you specify whether you were doing a virtual run or not. I was overly ambitious and indicated I would do one. But as it turns out, I'm not really into it. I think I still have some time, but I went ahead and submitted a manual time based on 26+ miles I happened to run over 2 days recently.  Don't tell anyone.

They are not giving a refund, but offering an 80% registration discount for either the 2021, 2022, or 2023 race. My tendency is to just take that next year, but as mentioned I'm still leery about wtf is going on even that far out.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

No, but many expected a deferral. That is the part that will not set well with some. At least they can reuse the race to qualify in 2021, which is good. Deferral for everybody would anger those that can apply in 2021.

There aren't as many of those people as there normally would be

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Incidentally - my spring marathon (Vancouver in early May) gave the option of submitting a virtual race time, in order to get the shirt and medal. They let you upload a gpx file or just submit a time manually. Although you can still get the shirt & medal without doing that. But for some reason they made you specify whether you were doing a virtual run or not. I was overly ambitious and indicated I would do one. But as it turns out, I'm not really into it. I think I still have some time, but I went ahead and submitted a manual time based on 26+ miles I happened to run over 2 days recently.  Don't tell anyone.

They are not giving a refund, but offering an 80% registration discount for either the 2021, 2022, or 2023 race. My tendency is to just take that next year, but as mentioned I'm still leery about wtf is going on even that far out.

omg I am going to alert derek the marathon cheat catcher

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There aren't as many of those people as there normally would be

Yes, but they extended the qualification period back to September 2018 and that is for everybody not only those that were running this year.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

LOL

bluerun

Super B****

Yes, but they extended the qualification period back to September 2018 and that is for everybody not only those that were running this year.

True, though I'm sure there is some overlap. And hey, some people age up for 2021 so they technically should have an extra five minutes... wonder how that's going to work

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

My October 2018 marathon is good, then?

From the Internet.

My October 2018 marathon is good, then?

Yup

I'll be curious to see what the cutoff looks like when things shake out post-registration - I could see it going either way, being an easier year bc of concerns about being cancelled/postponed again, or tougher bc more people planning to go after the cancellation this year. Money concerns/travel funds might play in also but maybe that's less of a factor among people who have the disposable income to chase a BQ and register for Boston.

From the Internet.

I am being roped into doing the virtual race after all - another local friend has already mapped out a ~3 mile loop course for us, and friends will post up at various places along the way for aid station support/to try to trick us into drinking booze mid-marathon, lol.

sdWhiskers

Obviously, Boston isn't on my radar. But I am glad that I picked a marathon in my hometown this year. So whenever (2020, 2021, 2022, etc) it happens, I don't have to think about travel.

From the Internet.

Obviously, Boston isn't on my radar. But I am glad that I picked a marathon in my hometown this year. So whenever (2020, 2021, 2022, etc) it happens, I don't have to think about travel.

Yeah my other race this year was the Sugarloaf marathon/15K and they offered a refund or deferral to 2021 or 2022. It's a road trip/overnight, but not at all the same as a big city marathon experience so I'd be less nervous about going next year if it isn't cancelled, and I'd expect by 2022 we'll be in the clear to race again.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I pick a great year to not travel to races except by car!

Damaris

Runshortii

I just want to know how I get my refund?

DavePNW

LOLOL

Dave