Beginners and Beyond

Sunday no Fun Day (Read 35 times)

DavePNW

I do that too, must be a Taurus thing. That reminds me, I have less than 12 months left in the 45 - 49 age group. I'll gain 4 minutes on a NYCM qualifying time though. Getting old has its benefits?

Cool. Better start racing! Warning: some fast fuckers in the 50-54 AG.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I guess I was also 3rd overall female, which won me this obnoxious bouquet of candy  (Did the picture show up? I might have figured out this picture thing)

Freakin SCORE!!!  Now that right there is a beautiful haul.  Congrats on the 3rd OA!  

Wife and I just watched Prometheus.  I liked it.  I don't know WTF you guys want in a movie...you bunch of hard-to-please nitpickers.  DW didn't seem to care for it either though, but she was expecting something a little more Alieney.

<3

DavePNW

Wife and I just watched Prometheus.  I liked it.  I don't know WTF you guys want in a movie...you bunch of hard-to-please nitpickers.  DW didn't seem to care for it either though, but she was expecting something a little more Alieney.

DW sounds like one of them hard-to-please nitpickers. But on her no doubt it's charming.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Runshorti, congrats on the PR & the 3rd OA. Nice award!

Baboon

delicate flower

DW sounds like one of them hard-to-please nitpickers. But on her no doubt it's charming.

Oh, I let her know my feelings on her feelings about the movie.

<3

LRB

I ran a 5K in a monsoon. It was pouring with some

thunder while I was warming up, and by the time we started it was a steady rain. It felt pretty good though. Last mile was all on a gravel trail that was nothing but an ankle deep puddle so I went back and forth between running on the little grass there was and running in the water.

21:38, but I think the course was short . I clocked 3.04 miles on my garmin, but I'm still really happy and will take it because my former PR is 22:52, and when I ran that race I ran a 7:06 the first mile and a 7:40 the last mile 😂 This race my splits were 7:05 7:09 and 7:10, which Never happens to me in a 5K. So I think my fitness has improved. My legs felt tired this morning after 10 miles yesterday too.

its a chocolate fest 5K in a town with a Nestle plant. So free chocolate 🍫

The tight grouping of your splits is really impressive, especially given the obstacles you faced during the last mile. You'll be joining the sub-7:00 club here soon enough. 👍

LRB

Freakin SCORE!!!  Now that right there is a beautiful haul.  Congrats on the 3rd OA!  

Clearly you didn't watch the one before it, which is a good thing. lol

I liked when David told the captain to come and look down into that egg. That fool actually went over there and looked, too. #idiot

onemile

Congrats runshorti!

I ran 7

No more marathons

Congrats runshorti!

I ran 7

Ha, nice to see you ease back into running with a seven miler.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Ha, nice to see you ease back into running with a seven miler.  Smile

I felt like I had forgotten how to run after only 1 week off 

LRB

I felt like I had forgotten how to run after only 1 week off 

Your 1 day streak must seem foreign. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, runshortii!

LRB, I thought he meant the actual Prometheus and I was WTF would like that POS movie. Then I realized he meant the second one. It was better than the first at least.

My husband made me go on a tour of the Canadian Parlament. Curse him.

Damaris

DavePNW

My husband made me go on a tour of the Canadian Parlament. Curse him.

That sounds awesome. It's the type of thing I would try to drag my wife & kids to.

Dave

Runshortii

I am so sunburned it's not even funny. So hot after 9am and no shade. I was slow but I am done and the knee is happy.

Nice job in the heat! And onemile nice job getting back into it!

Question for the masses: I start Higdon Intermediate 1/2/adding my own miles as fit this week, and I'm not sure how fast I should run my marathon pace runs.  Mcmillian puts me at like a 3:34 which is 8:11 per mile, but obviously it's my first marathon and my mileage is going to be low so I don't expect to run that fast. Should I "aim" for 3:45 and run my marathon pace miles at that pace? Or faster? Slower?

onemile

Nice job in the heat! And onemile nice job getting back into it!

Question for the masses: I start Higdon Intermediate 1/2/adding my own miles as fit this week, and I'm not sure how fast I should run my marathon pace runs.  Mcmillian puts me at like a 3:34 which is 8:11 per mile, but obviously it's my first marathon and my mileage is going to be low so I don't expect to run that fast. Should I "aim" for 3:45 and run my marathon pace miles at that pace? Or faster? Slower?

Use what McMillan gives you from your best race result for training. When you are 4-6 weeks out, run a tune up and we can look at that and your training and pick a realistic goal. But use McMillan for now!