Beginners and Beyond

2017 Goals, plans, intentions, etcetera, etcetera (Read 74 times)

LRB

Well, what are we without goals? Lost is what we are. Lost I say.

LRB

I am going to put qualifying for the New York City Marathon at the top of my list. In doing so, all the things that are integral to successful training come into play; desire, motivation and determination, with the other variable being accountability. In that regard, I am going to give using a coach shot, after it became clear last year that I could probably benefit from having someone other than myself to answer to.

So...

• 1:28 half - lol
      • Race 3 10ks
      • Race 6 5ks
      • PR the mile
      • Don't race, run, jog or walk another marathon unless it's in New York
      onemile

Mine are basically the same as last year since I didn't make one of them

sub-20 5k

1:30-ish HM

Sub-3:15 marathon

From the Internet.

• Be smart. Don't get hurt.
          • BQ at Sugarloaf on May 21
          • Fall goals are intentionally vague right now but PRs will happen if I don't get hurt - decisions regarding distances will be made following my spring training cycle and race. I'm starting off with a MUCH better base (~50 mpw average for 7 solid months, versus ~27 mpw average for the 5 months before last year's Baystate cycle) and will be peaking around 70 for Sugarloaf if all goes well, so I expect goals that seem stupid right now might end up not being stupid come the fall racing season just for sheer mileage reasons.
          Half Crazy K 2.0

At this point, a PR in any distance. Figure out training that works for me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I want to get my mileage and race results back to 2015 levels.

Damaris

catwhoorg

Labrat

Goals for 2017
                Log 1650 running, 1000 cycling miles. Swim as I can

Moving in steps towards a 3:30 marathon (in Spring 2018), the check marks I want to hit are:

21 min 5K in the Spring;

and then a sub 1:35 half in the Fall (probably the Silver Comet half again, that course suits me).

Lose a further 15lbs by goal HM day.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Heh. Mine are this basically same last last year as well, even though I made all of them.

1. 2500 miles, again - this would be for 3 years in a row

2. PR at 4 distances, but unlike last year I'll put numbers on them - 5k (20), 10k (42), 13.1 (1:35), 26.2 (3:27)

3. BQ - but this time by enough to get in.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I don't have but 3:

Sub 23:00 5k in Sept

sub 1:46:00 half in Oct

Go into 2018 fit as fuck and getting solid training in for a Feb marathon.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

I had marathon last year, but I don't have that distance in my objectives this year. These two I had, and did not make.

- Sub 40 10K

- Sub 1:30 half

I'm going on a European vacation this summer again (Italy is in the plans) and dunno how much I'll run there.  If I barely run in my vacation, I will not race in Fall 2017 probably. In 2018 I'll probably take a shot at marathoning again.

delicate flower

I've got kind of a weird year ahead of me.  It kind of feels like it'll be a training year, though I've got plenty of races on the schedule.  I just want to get faster in all three disciplines.  But to put some numbers to it:

Sub-19 5K

Sub-40 10K

Sub-90 HM

Sub-5:00 70.3

My three big races are 70.3's.  No marathon on the schedule yet but I am kicking around the idea of Philly in November.

No mileage goals.  I'll just do what Coach says.

2018 could be a big year.

<3

Cyberic

I am going to put qualifying for the New York City Marathon at the top of my list. 

Wow! That's huge. I feel the same way about NYCM, as I'm going to run it only if I qualify for it, but I'm not ready for that yet.

LRB

Wow, you are a dreamer!

Yes, I reside in la-la land most of the time as well.

I am not sure how feasible it is, but believe my half marathon in November is not indicative of what I am capable of. I can do better than that, how much better will be determined.

onemile

Yes, I reside in la-la land most of the time as well.

I am not sure how feasible it is, but believe my half marathon in November is not indicative of what I am capable of. I can do better than that, how much better will be determined.

I am thinking to run it in 2018 now and I expect you to be there

LRB

Sub-19 5K

Sub-40 10K

Sub-90 HM

Sub-5:00 70.3

You don't have a mile PR. How is that even possible?