Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILY Penguins !!! (Read 18 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning and happy Friday.

I think I will be running inside today.  DW is still licking her wounds and will probably walk.

PADRunner

Morning. 6 done for me this morning.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

4ish today.  Either in the wind and drizzle or on the treadmill.  The treadmill is seeming pretty appealing right now.  My dog got picked off the ground by the wind for a moment during her walk this morning.  I'm sufficiently heavy that I'm sure that I won't get lifted like that, but it still doesn't make for pleasant running conditions.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, I had a gig scheduled with the quartet tomorrow, but it got cancelled on account of impending hurricane.  Now I hear that the hurricane is supposed to miss the US entirely, but I'm still going to enjoy the day at home on the couch with DH and the furkids.  Of course this morning I remembered that my umbrella was safe and dry in my office, so I got a little soggy coming in.  Doh!

Jerryb -- glad DW is ok, and enjoy your indoor run!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 6 done!!

sapf -- wow, that's a lot of wind!!  I doubt Dusty would suffer that problem, but we're keeping everyone inside, just in case.  Enjoy your 4ish!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 tonight.  Finishing packing my office for our renovation.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good start for today, PAD.

Have a good TM run, sapf.

Enjoy couch day, HsM.  Glad the hurricane is heading east.

Have fun moving your office, DR.

We ran 4 miles on the indoor track. Fortunately, DW didn't scrape her knees too badly as she had long pants on yesterday.  Too bad she wasn't wearing gloves and a helmet.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good early run for you.

D - Enjoy your run and class tonight. If you finish packing your office, can you go home early?

Jerry - I'm glad your wife can still run, despite the fall. sapf - have fun on the TM. It's not a good day to run outside.

HM - I'm glad the hurricane is going to miss you. Enjoy your couch time.

AFM: it's raw outside, cold, wet and windy. Walking Ben wasn't too bad, but I don't really want to run in it. Today may be a rest day, or I'll do a short one on the TM if I'm feeling antsy.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

We ran 4 miles on the indoor track. Fortunately, DW didn't scrape her knees too badly as she had long pants on yesterday.  Too bad she wasn't wearing gloves and a helmet.

Aww.. don't make fun of your wife.  She's allowed to be a klutz sometimes =D

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Amazonian Princess

Snoozed thru the alarm set to run before work, but hopefully I can leave a little early and do the neighborhood loop before it gets dark. The batteries in the Knuckle Lights are dead so maybe I could carry a flashlight, but it's hard not to watch the bouncing light and make myself dizzy

Got a 6 miles run/walk planned with the club tomorrow morning and on Sunday, DH will meet up with his sister because he's teaching her to ride a bike. I think it's good practice for him since our running club might be adding a cycling division and he was asked to consider being a coach. If the running club adds a cycling division, then I'm going to suggest adding a duathlon to the list of team events

I can. I will. I am. 

Brilliant

Hello Penguins,

Jerry, I'm glad your wife is OK today, nice running.

HopesMom, enjoy the warm & dry day off!

Damaris, enjoy the run and pilates.

Ginny, stay dry!  Is Ben all better?

PAD, nice running.

Bacon, do you bike, too?

Jill, did you get your 4 done inside or out?

4 easy done for me this morning, then I went to core class.  Tomorrow I have a 5k.  I hope to PR, but I don't know anything about the course except it's a big-ish race and crowded, so we'll see.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

4.3 done on the treadmill while watching Grey's Anatomy on Hulu... it is nasty outside.  I have to go out there soon to go to Chinese class.  I should finish my homework so that the instructor doesn't kill me =P

Amazonian Princess

Bacon, do you bike, too?

Jill, did you get your 4 done inside or out?

4 easy done for me this morning, then I went to core class.  Tomorrow I have a 5k.  I hope to PR, but I don't know anything about the course except it's a big-ish race and crowded, so we'll see.

Yes, I bike, too, but not as well as my sister or husband - I have a hybrid so it's tough to keep up, but I can be pretty stubborn

However, if I can convince my SIL to take my second bike (it's a cruiser), then I can go road bike shopping.

Good luck with the 5k tomorrow! Which race is it?

I can. I will. I am. 

Brilliant

Yes, I bike, too, but not as well as my sister or husband - I have a hybrid so it's tough to keep up, but I can be pretty stubborn

However, if I can convince my SIL to take my second bike (it's a cruiser), then I can go road bike shopping.

Good luck with the 5k tomorrow! Which race is it?

I have a hybrid, too.  But last time I was on it, it cost me about $3000 in dental work.  That's an expensive bike.

I'm running the Chapman University 5k tomorrow.