Beginners and Beyond

Back to That TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Yo.

I was up and out early to shovel the crap that fell all night and to hit the road before the rest of the world gets out there and brings the morning commute to a screeching halt.

I'm at work where it's time to jump on the old hamster wheel and let it do what it do.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!  And, good luck DR on the carving.

I ran a 5.5 miles that were somewhat of a progression.  It never got fast, but each mile was 15-30 secs faster than the one before.  I didn't start the run with this in mind, but the running parts wanted to run.  I'm feeling stronger, and the fitness is coming back.

My plan is to get a solid 200 mile February, then start regular speedwork in March.  I might even try to find an April 5k just for shits and giggles.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Already checked in and waiting to go in for prep.

Damaris

Cyberic

I have a little speed session planned at noon.

Oh and I learned this weekend that the indor track I've been training on for the past few years is not 190 metres long like I always thought, but.... 193 metres long. That rocked my world. The medication helps.

delicate flower

That was a fast turnaround.  Good stuff.  I had to wait six weeks, which was fine because I had to get full flexibility in my knee before they'd operate and it took six weeks to get there.  Good luck, DR!

'Morning, kids!  Masters swim before work.  2400 yards.  Now the only thing standing between me and 12 days off from work is this work day, and fortunately it is going to be a busy one so it should go by quickly.

Hair Nation was on fire this morning.

<3

LRB

I have a little speed session planned at noon.

Oh and I learned this weekend that the indor track I've been training on for the past few years is not 190 metres long like I always thought, but.... 193 metres long. That rocked my world. The medication helps.

Even on an oval track the distances vary depending on which lane they're measured from. So on a square track, where in hell is that measurement taken from?

LRB

I'm sure you'll be running a half marathon this weekend as your recovery run. ❤

Cyberic

I'm sure you'll be running a half marathon this weekend as your recovery run. ❤

^^

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Even on an oval track the distances vary depending on which lane they're measured from. So on a square track, where in hell is that measurement taken from?

I think you start at square one.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

8 miles.

230 for the month.

Dave

Zelanie

Good morning!  Good luck to Damaris!

Hello to everybody else.  The plan is to run 6 after work.

LRB

I think you start at square one.

LRB

Good morning!  Good luck to Damaris!

Hello to everybody else.  The plan is to run 6 after work.

Hi.

Were the cupcakes as yummy as they looked?

LRB

8 miles.

230 for the month.

That's pretty impressive for where we are on the calendar. My guess is you're going to shatter your PR this spring. 👍

Zelanie

Hi.

Were the cupcakes as yummy as they looked?

They were!  I was worried that the lavender ones would be too strong, but they came out well.  Next time, I will use lemon curd instead of lemon pudding.  I was worried that the lemon curd would be too sour.