Beginners and Beyond

POLL: How many times per week do you run? (Read 166 times)

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Five for me. Rest day on Monday and Friday.

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

6 works perfectly for me when I'm uninjured.  More than 1 day off a week and I seem to lose my momentum or get depressed (a lot of running is an antidepressant for me).  If I take NO days off I get worn down and hurt.

I've tried to run doubles but they've never worked well for me.  I'd rather do a really good job on 1 workout and take a long walk instead of a shakeout run. Also, I just read research that shows that athletes perform better by training consistently at the same time of day, because we program our bodies to release adrenaline and so forth at that time of day.   I've obviously programmed myself to do well working out midmorning.

Oh, and I also do 2-4 days a week of weight lifting/circuit training for an hour that includes drills like box jumps and high knees and whatever and random crosstraining like Jacob's Ladder, jumprope, pushing a Prowler, rowing, and stuff.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Nevrgivup

4-5 and 1 day of swimming.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

hog4life

4-6 with 5 being about perfect.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pfffttt, those maniacs.  What are they thinking?

Most of you are maniacs, obviously. Big grin

I run 6-7 times a week during training, but I certainly do not like having to do it. I have doubles on the schedule once or twice a week, but when it happens, I just run a longer run in the evening, I don't like going out twice.

When not in training, I run 5 times a week and that's more than enough for me.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

For the record, I blame Damaris for my 6-7 days of running. She suckered me into a 2 miles per day (run or walk)/50 situps/50 pushups streak and I'm on day 70-something now. It's just faster to run 2 miles than walk 2.

Also, for the record, this is the longest I've gone uninjured (even minor aches and pains) so I think the quantity of runs have helped with that.

happylily

Pfffttt, those maniacs.  What are they thinking?

Yes, and you're their queen!!! Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Typically 5...Tues through Thursday, and Saturday and Sunday.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Five.

Mostly harmless

Five usually. Sometimes six.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

BruceD555

Most of you are maniacs, obviously. Big grin

I run 6-7 times a week during training, but I certainly do not like having to do it. I have doubles on the schedule once or twice a week, but when it happens, I just run a longer run in the evening, I don't like going out twice.

When not in training, I run 5 times a week and that's more than enough for me.

You forgot to add that you run faster as well ... I seem to remember a 17 or 20 mile run you did at faster than MP. Maniacs ... I'm thinking this is one of those cases of the pot calling the kettle black.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just B.S.

Keeps me injury free and gets me than race times I want plus I like cycling and swimming

too much to give up that for more days of running.

happylily

You forgot to add that you run faster as well ... I seem to remember a 17 or 20 mile run you did at faster than MP. Maniacs ... I'm thinking this is one of those cases of the pot calling the kettle black.

I call that being effecient. I aim for high mileage, but while trying to save on laundry. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

BruceD555

I call that being effecient. I aim for high mileage, but while trying to save on laundry. Big grin

Oh great, now laundry savings gets thrown into the mix ... next thing you know we're back to LTH's side-topic/derailment and we're on to nekkid running on the TM for maniacs who don't like to be seen while running but care about water usage & efficiency. Big grin

Train smart ... race smarter.