Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES, brr. (Read 36 times)

LRB

Hi.

It looks as if I'll be running in the low 20s for a day or two this week which coupled with the AM darkness, will make it seem much colder.

Whatever.

It is currently 33 degrees and with 18 MPH winds the wind chill is 22, so we'll call it practice.

'Sup?

on my way to badass

Woke up to winter wonderland.  I might do a cursory run on the treadmill.  DH got a buck yesterday so we spent whole day doing skinning and butchering and visiting the taxidermist. I was so tired when we were done.(we are still newbies at the DIY butchering)

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Anyone running the Philadelphia Marathon Today? Cold and windy today while the Half Marathon yesterday had great weather. No, I didn't run either. I'm nursing a mild upper hamstring strain.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

10 min elliptical, 3 mile jog.

27F and a stiff North wind made me glad I wore as much as I did.  We hadn't even had a light frost on the ridge, but the critters' water was frozen this morning.  Now, let's make a rye ipa.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Now, let's make a rye ipa.

Have a great day folks!

Yes, please do.  And share.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Hi.

It looks as if I'll be running in the low 20s for a day or two this week which coupled with the AM darkness, will make it seem much colder.

Whatever.

It is currently 33 degrees and with 18 MPH winds the wind chill is 22, so we'll call it practice.

'Sup?

I''m considering joining a gym for the first quarter next year, just to have a fall back if it's too cold, windy, snow, etc. to get in a run.  Maybe that would give me some incentive to do a little strength training.  These old muscles just keep getting less and less effective.

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Miami missed the cold front completely, but the weather is still nice (for us).  I have 12 tonight.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 10 with a few strides.

LRB

Ran 10 with a few strides.

The 630 is decent enough, but if you have a functioning, dependable 620, it's pretty much the same thing with the addition of a couple bells and whistles that may or may not appeal to you.

I bought mine for the simple fact that I wanted it, not that I needed it.

LRB

I wore loose pants over sports briefs and a long sleeve over a singlet with two pair of gloves. That worked perfectly for a 6 mile jog.

Cyberic

The 630 is decent enough, but if you have a functioning, dependable 620, it's pretty much the same thing with the addition of a couple bells and whistles that may or may not appeal to you.

I bought mine for the simple fact that I wanted it, not that I needed it.

My 620 is very dependable. For some reason I'm tempted by the 630... just coz it'd be a new toy, I guess. I'll stick to the 620. I've only had it since February 2016.

Thanks for the review. A Fenix 3, on the other hand... lol.

delicate flower

'Morning.  10 at 7:22 pace.  A good run.  Wife and I will spend the next several hours cleaning the house in preparation for the annual Turkey Day Family Invasion.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

12 cold and windy miles.  My knee and my shin are not happy, which makes me not happy.

In other news, I FINALLY updated my phone (after, like... three years) and a whole bunch of my music is stuck in my old one, because iTunes won't let me move it.  This includes my ringtone.  I want to throw both phones, and my laptop, out the window.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I was feeling sick to my stomach all night last night and still this morning and finally puked a bunch of times and now I don't feel as awful.  I'm thinking it's food poisoning since it seemed to start shortly after eating some leftover soup.  Anyway.. I think I'm going to move my 16 miler to tomorrow.

No more marathons

12 cold and windy miles.  My knee and my shin are not happy, which makes me not happy.

In other news, I FINALLY updated my phone (after, like... three years) and a whole bunch of my music is stuck in my old one, because iTunes won't let me move it.  This includes my ringtone.  I want to throw both phones, and my laptop, out the window.

One of my many beefs with Apple.

He's a leaker!