Beginners and Beyond

Wet Sundailies (Read 40 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!!  It rained all night and that will continue today. I'm glad I got that long run done yesterday.  At least the rain should melt all the snow on the track and the rail trail.  I've got a bike workout and short run later, but right now I've got coffee in hand the Olympic mogul skiing on the TV.

Dog slept all night.  Good girl.  I slept 10 much needed hours last night, and DW went to bed before me and was still in bed when I got up.  Bunch of bums up in here.

<3

Cyberic

RD for me. After 41 days and over 10 miles per day, I will rest my legs. Gonna be rough on the mind not to run, but might be good for the legs. At least one PT thinks so 

LRB

It's raining here as well but it's of the frozen variety so a lil bit unwelcome.

I drove 15 minutes to the Bucks of Star and it wasn't too bad. We'll see how the remainder of the drive to the park is as I head north into slightly colder temperatures....

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Slept 11 hours and have not thrown up since early yesterday and feeling much better.  We'll see. I'll run tonight.

Damaris

Add me to the good night's sleep crew! I got probably 8.5 hours, which is huge for me; slept in till 7:00, can't remember the last time I slept that late. Anyway, will lounge around for a while then go out for a short long one. Which sounds weird but you know what I mean.

MTA: wow, an American medals in the singles luge for the first time ever! Suddenly I am a luge fan.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Good morning! Glad to see so much good sleep happening on here, and also so glad you're feeling better, Docket. Cyber, you're a machine--I had known you've been streaking but I didn't know it was all at 10 miles a day or more. I bet your legs will thank you for the break.

I'm supposed to have a pace run today for a final test for what pace I should be running my HM for in a couple weeks. Only I didn't sleep super well and my legs are still tired from playing basketball with my kid on Fri night. But I also know that sometimes even when your body's not initially feeling the greatest, that those are sometimes the runs that surprise you the most, and end up being the best. So I'm drinking my coffee and letting my bagel digest before I hit the belt. Then some sledding, ice skating, and hanging out with friends is happening later. Should be a good day.

Cyberic

ROS: Thanks. Not all my runs were at 10 miles or more. My average was at over 10 miles per day. Many 5 milers/ day in ihere.

Cyberic

I'm bored.

But I also know that sometimes even when your body's not initially feeling the greatest, that those are sometimes the runs that surprise you the most, and end up being the best. 

This is true. You never know. Running is a funny thing.

Dave

I'm bored.

Not running throws off your whole schedule, doesn't it? When I used to take rest days, it was always a weekday, so I'd just get into work super-early. But whenever I've taken a weekend day off, it's kind of surreal. I can't figure out when to take a shower.

Dave

onemile

RD for me. After 41 days and over 10 miles per day, I will rest my legs. Gonna be rough on the mind not to run, but might be good for the legs. At least one PT thinks so 

Seriously? One day off is hard for you?

onemile

I'm bored.

You should get a dog. Or a hobby (that isn't running)

sdWhiskers

7.2 easy miles to give me 40 for the week! Easy paces are getting a little quicker and HR is coming down.

Always thought of XC skiing as a relaxing hobby. This skiathlon looks brutal.

GinnyinPA

Another URD. I was in bed for 9 1/2 hours, but woke up every hour or two with a coughing fit so I don't feel especially rested. I'm with Cy though. Not running feels very odd. I know I need to take it easy, but I feel guilty for getting behind in my training.

delicate flower

I've got a bike workout and short run later

Done and done, and now my legs are tired.  385 miles on my current pair of Adios Boost 3's.  Time to retire them.

<3