Beginners and Beyond

WTF Wednesday (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

I ran 9 with the 12321321 "light" fartlek, 2 min jog between each.

I was not really thinking I'd be up to running fast today but it actually felt decent.

Pretty quick recovery!

onemile

Pretty quick recovery!

knock on wood.  My legs were quite sore yesterday and Monday.  Usually after a half, I wait until Thurs to attempt a workout but she gave me 2 "easier" workouts - today and Friday.  Friday is 3miles MP, 2 miles HMP, 1 mile 10k pace (3 min recoveries between)

RunningOnSand

Baboon

delicate flower

Car got a flat .Sitting at the tire place now  which is fine since the VRBO won't open and the owner has to call a locksmith to get us in.

<3

RunningOnSand

I

Ran

Is your ass cheek any better?

RunningOnSand

That one. And puppy stuff.

I jogged 30 minutes - we had some killer weather the last few days, but back to 75F/74F dewpoint when I went out this morning. It's fine. Not that hot and I know what fall feels like again now so I can deal with a couple more humid days, lol.

Club track workout tonight is a mile time trial and some 400s. Getting ready to enter the pain cave! 

kick some ass!

I am flying on cloud 9 right now. I've been pretty tired these last several days and feeling a bit under the weather so I was nervous about today's workout...an interval ladder of 4x800s, 3x1k, 4x400s, with almost equal jog recoveries between sets, plus a warmup and cool down. I freaking NAILED all of my paces and wasn't dying! I think the not feeling like dying what was the most exciting for me. It's been a long time since I've nailed an interval workout, so excuse me while I gloat. Big grin anyway, 11'ish miles today with those bad boys.

Hope your car gets fixed asap and you can get into your VRBO soon, Baboon! Sucky about the possibility of the swim getting cancelled, too. Ugh, Weather, calm the fuck down!

ETA: I totally took Jay's reminder into play--about how our mental game is one of the biggest predictors of us failing/succeeding. I tried going in there with a Wonderwoman attitude, and it paid off (even w/my nervousness!).

onemile

kick some ass!

I am flying on cloud 9 right now. I've been pretty tired these last several days and feeling a bit under the weather so I was nervous about today's workout...an interval ladder of 4x800s, 3x1k, 4x400s, with almost equal jog recoveries between sets, plus a warmup and cool down. I freaking NAILED all of my paces and wasn't dying! I think the not feeling like dying what was the most exciting for me. It's been a long time since I've nailed an interval workout, so excuse me while I gloat. Big grin anyway, 11'ish miles today with those bad boys.

Hope your car gets fixed asap and you can get into your VRBO soon, Baboon! Sucky about the possibility of the swim getting cancelled, too. Ugh, Weather, calm the fuck down!

ETA: I totally took Jay's reminder into play--about how our mental game is one of the biggest predictors of us failing/succeeding. I tried going in there with a Wonderwoman attitude, and it paid off (even w/my nervousness!).

:high five:

LRB

Is your ass cheek any better?

Yes, much actually. I took a beating on Sunday, my body is still in wtf mode. lol

DavePNW

Only had time for 3 miles today, because I didn't want to be late for my PT appointment! Yes I decided to go. They only gave me once a week, so I figured I could put up with that. It was fine.

Dave

onemile

Only had time for 3 miles today, because I didn't want to be late for my PT appointment! Yes I decided to go. They only gave me once a week, so I figured I could put up with that. It was fine.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha, that was my face as I read it...

Damaris

GinnyinPA

7 wet miles today. First it was the humidity that got me (DP 73),then a couple of miles in the rain, and then back to warm and humid. The rain actually felt pretty good.

RunningOnSand

:high five:

Thanks!

LRB, LOL @ the rest of your body being in WTF mode. Glad your cheek is doing better.

Me three on the  for DaveMasterP going to PT.

As long as it's not a cold rain (which it didn't sound like yours was) I actually quite enjoy running in the rain, too, Ginny. Nice job getting the miles in despite the humidity.

LRB

Haha, that was my face as I read it...

Not me. Getting officially accepted into Boston meant shit got real. Dude ain't fuckin' around after that.

DavePNW

Not me. Getting officially accepted into Boston meant shit got real. Dude ain't fuckin' around after that.

Ha, not related (consciously anyway). However of course I did find a way to tell my PT that I got accepted.

One thing maybe a positive - she asked how other things are doing, because I had told her about all my other various aches & pains. I mentioned that my hip was probably more of a concern, and she said she'd take a look. I guess once you're in, they'll deal with whatever you got. Besides, everything's connected.

Dave