Beginners and Beyond

Wake up already WednesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Morning!

Oof it was sticky out there this morning. 71/66, not TERRIBLE but kind of a bummer after the nicer days we've had recently (50s/dewpoint in the 40s for a few days). Club workout, 1600-800-1600-800; 6:27, 3:07, 6:22, 3:06. Huge group right around my pace today, I had like 10 people to chase down on the track, then cooled down out on the roads with a pack of 8 or so. Yay team!

You're having way too much fun to be marathon training, Missy. 

From the Internet.

You're having way too much fun to be marathon training, Missy. 

Frankly it is a little disconcerting on my end too, lol

LRB

Frankly it is a little disconcerting on my end too, lol

Roll with it! 

LRB

Suddenly I don't know who I am anymore: I'm running with people multiple days of the week, and I got up before 5 to make that happen this morning. Big grin It's something I used to do on the regular, but once I started getting used to sleeping in, it's hard to start getting up early again!

Anyway, 3 recovery miles with some strangers this morning, all fully in the dark. I was lit up like a Christmas tree with my Noxgear vest, and I was also thankful for my headlamp. My hamstring is feeling better this morning, and I'll see how it is the rest of the day...hoping it behaves!

This post pleases me. 👍

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Looking for an easy 6 after work today. I just did 3 yesterday at recovery pace to appease my sore legs. Hopefully at some point this running of mine will get more exciting Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Looking for an easy 6 after work today. I just did 3 yesterday at recovery pace to appease my sore legs. Hopefully at some point this running of mine will get more exciting Smile

You're doing it right.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think my mental breakdown has dissipated, still dealing with the occasional anxieties and near panic attacks but I'm alive and still have a few ounces of sanity left  (don't ask, it involves the family business, home life, life struggles in general and literally having no clue what the next month or even a couple weeks from now may bring).

My week started off good, but by Monday afternoon I could feel the stomach bug trying to crawl it's way inside me and even now it's still there. Didn't do anything yesterday, woke up this morning and could've put in a half-hearted run but I was worried it would drain me so I chose not to. I've got the Evansville HM this Saturday and I've been running it each year since 2011, I don't want to miss it.

Stupid weather won't cool down, it could very well be in the 60's come start time this Saturday morning 

Ok, Rant over.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

A bumpy 6 with 2.5’on dirt and most the rest left and right road crown...inside ham did just find.

PT, Farouk’s House of Pain at noon.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You're doing it right.

I know  The right way is just boring as all get out!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DavePNW

Suddenly I don't know who I am anymore: I'm running with people multiple days of the week, and I got up before 5 to make that happen this morning. Big grin It's something I used to do on the regular, but once I started getting used to sleeping in, it's hard to start getting up early again!

Anyway, 3 recovery miles with some strangers this morning, all fully in the dark. I was lit up like a Christmas tree with my Noxgear vest, and I was also thankful for my headlamp. My hamstring is feeling better this morning, and I'll see how it is the rest of the day...hoping it behaves!

What do you guys have on tap for today?

^ A lot of awesomeness here.

Speaking of awesomeness, 11 miles with 2 x 3 miles tempo. Got the job done.

Dave

DavePNW

Its Wednesday night here. Just left a work dinner of fish eggs, raw horse meat and soup made of intestines   I need to find a McDonald's!

Although I suppose it would be manageable if no one told you what it was before you ate it. I was fortunate in all my trips to Japan to avoid getting roped into too much disgusting eating.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

You know what sucks about doing races with 12K participants? It's such a writhing mass of humanity, you're unlikely to get any photos out of it.

Oh, wait. That happens to me a lot anyway.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Its Wednesday night here. Just left a work dinner of fish eggs, raw horse meat and soup made of intestines   I need to find a McDonald's!

Cyberic

Some idiot new project manager booked a meeting tomorrow during luch time. I didn't just reply "no", I went to her desk and explained to her why it's no, and why it will always be no unless it's because I have to speak to a client/partner in a very different time zone or some exceptional event like that. You can't just start booking meetings during lunch because that's the only time when everyone is free. Duh! Why do you think everyone is free?

She told me it won't really be work, there will be free chicken and we'll be talking about ... I interrupted her, and repeated thet by principle I do not work during lunch, and wish everyone else would do like me as that would definitely have more of an impact.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Agreed, Cy.  And it takes a no to let them know not to do it.

I'm swamped, ha.  And the movers have not called but the glass work they were supposed to do before I moved finally called and they want to come during business hours next week when my dad is not here so yay, taking half a day off right after starting.  Sigh.

In other news, the staff here is great and crazy.  Just how I like it.

Damaris