Beginners and Beyond

Wake up already WednesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is the best sight I've seen in weeks.  I need to find the sheets so I can sleep in a bed for the first time in weeks.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Besides making random remarks and posts, I do occasionally run.

Wednesday track workout: 6 x 800m, 100m walk, 100m jog recoveries, total 7 miles with warm up and cool down. They were supposed to be Yasso 800s, but my marathon pace is about the same as my easy long run pace, so I ran them closer to 5K pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

URP called me as I was driving to meet him to run and suggested we take it to the indoor track (it was raining pretty steady).  So I ran about 10 miles with him including a workout of 2x2k with 2 min, 2x1k with 1 min, and then 4x400m.  Except there is no marking for 2k, so I decided to do 1 mile + 1 lap which is 2052 (close enough)

onemile

All these comments about lunch has had me eating all day. Oh, and I've pretty much eaten my weight in potatoes the past six weeks. 

Potatoes > rice > pasta

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Potatoes > rice > pasta

Sweet potatoes > Potatoes > rice > Pasta

Damaris

LRB

Potatoes > rice > pasta

Indeed.

Cyberic

Besides making random remarks and posts, I do occasionally run.

Wednesday track workout: 6 x 800m, 100m walk, 100m jog recoveries, total 7 miles with warm up and cool down. They were supposed to be Yasso 800s, but my marathon pace is about the same as my easy long run pace, so I ran them closer to 5K pace.

I know that's not what you're saying, but it seems like you're suggesting Yassos are supposed to be run at MP?

Cyberic

URP called me as I was driving to meet him to run and suggested we take it to the indoor track (it was raining pretty steady).  So I ran about 10 miles with him including a workout of 2x2k with 2 min, 2x1k with 1 min, and then 4x400m.  Except there is no marking for 2k, so I decided to do 1 mile + 1 lap which is 2052 (close enough)

Nice workout. But aren't you part of the group who pretend they don't understand when I run 2K or 3K reps?

onemile

But aren't you part of the group who pretends they don't understand when I run 2K or 3K reps?

key word: pretends 

sdWhiskers

5 miles in the urban jungle that feels like a real jungle.

And my watch won't pair with my phone 

LRB

Nice workout. But aren't you part of the group who pretend they don't understand when I run 2K or 3K reps?

Um, excuse me, but I can't pretend that I'm stupid. lol

I've never run 2k or 3k, so I can't visualize them. And all of the thousands of meters in your log might as well be Japanese but it's cool, you understand it and quite frankly, that's all that really matters.

onemile

Um, excuse me, but I can't pretend that I'm stupid. lol

I've never run 2k or 3k, so I can't visualize them. And all of the thousands of meters in your log might as well be Japanese but it's cool, you understand it and quite frankly, that's all that really matters.

I have actually done some workouts such as 3k at HMP, 2k at 10k pace, 3x1k at 5k pace

LRB

I have actually done some workouts such as 3k at HMP, 2k at 10k pace, 3x1k at 5k pace

True, but if I recall correctly they were logged as standard units, which is what I look at. Eric's are all logged as metric units, which unless is one of the few distances I know (200m, 400m, 1k, 5k, 10k), I struggle with. And it is a struggle, it's not me being lazy. I literally don't know the metric system.

Cyberic

And why not? Of course you could design the same workout with not equal distances with 2 miles at HMP, 1 mile at 10K pace and 3 x 0.5 miles at 5K pace. Not identical, but the idea and the benefits would be the same.

Cyberic

True, but if I recall correctly they were logged as standard units, which is what I look at. Eric's are all logged as metric units, which unless is one of the few distances I know (200m, 400m, 1k, 5k, 10k), I struggle with. And it is a struggle, it's not me being lazy. I literally don't know the metric system.

I had my log in miles for a while. I could change it back to miles. My splits would still be in metric, but the would show in miles. It's just that then I'm the one who is confused 

ETA: Just changed it to miles but still showing in metric. Maybe when I upload another activity it will switch. We'll see...