Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy-head Penguins Tuesday (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

All the penguins sleeping in today?   Hey, Penguins!......

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I wish I was sleeping but here I am, at the office for what seems like forever.  Pilates tonight and maybe my SRD or maybe one of my runs.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, so busy at work yesterday, didn't even have time to visit the forum.  Ended up working a 12-hour day as I did some short-notice projects that, of course, everyone needed immediately.    Hopefully, today will be a quieter work day.  Meanwhile....

Did two 5Ks over the weekend:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/da2f8f4d04ff430db7d068d4dcd24cbc/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/dc16840a4ec642b9ac377646ba9d231f/resume#focus

Non-running day on Monday.  This morning did one of the 5K routes around the university campus.  Weather was really SWEEEET.   62 degrees, dewpoint in the 50s, low humidity.   However, our summer is giving us a last gasp....92 degrees today...94 degrees tomorrow...and 95 degrees on Thursday, sheesh.  So some morning running this week.

Zelanie

Ooh, I wanna be awesome today, thanks Scotty!

D- At least you're 3 hours ahead of us in getting through the workday.

Scotty- Enjoy the last of the hot temps. Smile  Fall is coming!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  DH's hip is NOT happy with him -- he's spent the past two night sleeping sitting up on the couch, because his hip hurts too much laying down.  I think I'll be doing some internet research today for him, see if I can find out anything.  Needless to say, we didn't walk this morning, and I'm all kinds of sleepy.
              Cherie hasn't posted her miles for our team yet either, not sure what's going on.

Docket -- Hope you're not at the office forever!!  Have a good something tonight!!

Scotty -- hope your day is more reasonable today!!

Zelanie -- enjoy being awesome today!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Hopes, that stinks about your husbands hip. Ouchy.

Up til midnight with a puking 5 yr old. Then woke at 6 and ran 3.3 mi and I even ran the last mile at a 9:59. I got a 9!!!  I mean just barely but I did it :-)

Working on freezing a buttload of bone broth today  it was made with smoked chicken bones and it smells like heaven.

~~~~~~~

Traci

GinnyinPA

Rest day here, which is good as it's gray and gloomy outside, not at all inviting.

Scotty - good thing you ran this morning while it was cool.  Hope today isn't quite as busy at work.

Damaris - enjoy your Pilates this evening.

Z - you're always awesome.

HopesMom - sorry about your husband's hip.  Movement would probably be better for him than not moving, especially if this is DOMS from the concession work you did over the weekend.  Try a short walk followed by a hot EPSOM salt bath.

Tracilynn - sorry about the sick child.  I hope he's better today.  Good job on the run though.

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom - sorry about your husband's hip.  Movement would probably be better for him than not moving, especially if this is DOMS from the concession work you did over the weekend.  Try a short walk followed by a hot EPSOM salt bath.

I did suggest the bath this morning, but he was all "I'd have to be able to get up the stairs!"    He's kind of whiny sometimes.  I might suggest a little more forcefully tonight ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Men whiny?  NOOOOO

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Damaris, I have a shoe question for you... My Hokas are almost a year Old but only have 400 miles on them. Should I get new ones based on the age or just keep using them. They feel fine I just don't wanna risk injury. What's your expert opinion? :-)

~~~~~~~

Traci

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty - Thanks for the dose of Awesome this morning!

Traci - nice running!  I hope the poor sick child is better.

I ran 6.1 miles this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Might try a LR this afternoon.  We waited for cooler temps, but now it just went straight to cold and rainy.  Sad

tracilynn

Rainy is good but really cold and rainy not so much.

We still have 3 or 4 Days of near 90s before our big cool off. I can't wait for cooler weather.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did suggest the bath this morning, but he was all "I'd have to be able to get up the stairs!"    He's kind of whiny sometimes.  I might suggest a little more forcefully tonight ...

Hit the whiner with a stick, drag him upstairs and throw him into the bath!  Plus...being hit with a stick...he'll think about his head for a while and not his hip...