5.5 with some really sluggish strides.

sdWhiskers

7 miles, also sluggish.

Baboon

delicate flower

9 mile track workout done:

5 miles at marathon effort (7:06 avg)

4 miles at HM effort (6:39 avg)

Straight through...no rests or recoveries.

Those marathon miles were probably a touch fast because it'd be suicide to try to run 26.2 miles at that pace, but the effort felt right.  Good run.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

PT before work, 3 at lunch (on the TM, bit warm here and I got a new chapter 11 - Not WeWork, phew so I had to be available). Pilates after work.

The other senior attorney (besides me) is taking a detail with the EO, so I'll likely get most of her 11s. I have only 1 11 since they took me out of rotation due to the two trials.

Also, the 3 were completely painless, yay.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My wife and I walked downtown for lunch today, about 10-15 minutes each way.  It felt good to get my legs moving again, but they're definitely not ready for running yet (no surprise there).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Baboon

delicate flower

My wife and I walked downtown for lunch today, about 10-15 minutes each way.  It felt good to get my legs moving again, but they're definitely not ready for running yet (no surprise there).

Fred, you've had a day off.  Get back to it already.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred, you've had a day off.  Get back to it already.

I know...I'm such a slacker.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

12 stream grade with one tough hill and four 1/2s of the tough hill. Hmm, maybe my two trips and falls Saturday was God’s way of saying “ Yo dummy, train for what you need”

DavePNW

FTR, I never take days off (when not injured), but after racing a marathon all-out, I take somewhere between 3-6 days off. 

Sounds like you’re doing not too badly recovery-wise. Sometimes when you have a tough race due to overheating, the recovery is a bit easier because you weren’t actually able to push your body physically as hard.

Dave

sdWhiskers

FTR, I never take days off (when not injured), but after racing a marathon all-out, I take somewhere between 3-6 days off. 

Sounds like you’re doing not too badly recovery-wise. Sometimes when you have a tough race due to overheating, the recovery is a bit easier because you weren’t actually able to push your body physically as hard.

I have taken 3-4 days off, felt anxious to run again so get back to it...but then 2 weeks later, I'm slogging along thinking 'Ugh, I should have just rested for a week.' YMMV

Half Crazy K 2.0

I can;t find it on-line, just the article talking about it, but I've seen and used a McMillan return to running plan after my full and some HM. The first week is something really easy, like 20 minutes every other day and then it increases. I don't use the full thing, but used the first week or so as a guide.

DavePNW

I have taken 3-4 days off, felt anxious to run again so get back to it...but then 2 weeks later, I'm slogging along thinking 'Ugh, I should have just rested for a week.' YMMV

Ha, I think no matter how you do it, you're going to be slogging for a little while. For me it's usually a couple weeks of being really sluggish, and a month-ish before I feel remotely like myself again. But still not quite 100%. I had in the back of my head to try CIM, since I had such an early-season fall marathon - it would be ~2.5 months recovery, which seems fine. But even though my endurance came back (I did finish that marathon as pacer, 1 month post-race) - it feels like the speed still definitely has not.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And to think I used to run the Tuesday or Wednesday after my marathons and then run another marathon the week after or two weeks later. And one time the DAY after one.

To be that young again, sigh.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

To be that stupid again, sigh.