Beginners and Beyond

Lovely Morning ThursDailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

It was a lovely 55º this morning; I even wished for gloves for the first mile.  My workout was 1½ warmup, 3 at HMP, and 1½ cool down.  My RP is nursing a sore knee, so I ran alone.  I'm afraid I let the cool weather get the best of me and overran my target pace by about 4 seconds/mile.  Yes, it was nice to run fast, but that wasn't the purpose of the workout.  Better too fast than too slow, I guess, but I need to work on pace discipline a bit.  Oh, who am I kidding - it was a great morning for running and I just went out and had fun!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 8 with 3 X 1 @ HMP. I thought I had Pilates too and made my husband helped me remove the Tower mat from the reformer this morning, but that's tomorrow. 

Damaris

DavePNW

Lovely here too, 52. Just 5 miles.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 with strides. Beautiful here too.

onemile

It was a lovely 55º this morning; I even wished for gloves for the first mile.  My workout was 1½ warmup, 3 at HMP, and 1½ cool down.  My RP is nursing a sore knee, so I ran alone.  I'm afraid I let the cool weather get the best of me and overran my target pace by about 4 seconds/mile.  Yes, it was nice to run fast, but that wasn't the purpose of the workout.  Better too fast than too slow, I guess, but I need to work on pace discipline a bit.  Oh, who am I kidding - it was a great morning for running and I just went out and had fun!

4 seconds per mile is NOTHING. you probably worked harder to run a slower pace the other week when it was warmer.

onemile

It's gonna be 90 here today and I have 2 back to back zoom interviews this afternoon (for the same job, which will be interviews #3 and 4 for this position) 

DavePNW

It's gonna be 90 here today and I have 2 back to back zoom interviews this afternoon (for the same job, which will be interviews #3 and 4 for this position) 

With a different company?

Dave

onemile

With a different company?

Yes

DavePNW

And of course, after making sure I get back in time for my 7:00 meeting, it gets cancelled at 6:57. This seems to happen about 25% of the time.

Dave

DavePNW

Yes

I don’t remember you talking about it. (What? Not sharing your entire personal life in the forum??) Have you been wanting to get out for a long time, or did an opportunity just come up? Is it something you’re super-excited about?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And of course, after making sure I get back in time for my 7:00 meeting, it gets cancelled at 6:57. This seems to happen about 25% of the time.

At least you are still home rather than going to the office all the way to have it canceled.  But ugh.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ran 8 x (3min/2min) going up the mountain. 10 miles.

Cyberic

I don’t remember you talking about it. (What? Not sharing your entire personal life in the forum??) Have you been wanting to get out for a long time, or did an opportunity just come up? Is it something you’re super-excited about?

+1

onemile

yeah I hadn't mentioned it yet here. I had been casually looking at some of the big name companies in the area but this has all happened *very* fast - I only applied for it last week Tuesday (kinda on a whim without putting much thought into it) and they contacted me within 2 hours and I have already had a phone screening last week and the initial zoom interview with the hiring manager on Monday.  And then they wanted to immediately setup the next rounds.  I wasn't really sure re: the job function - honestly it was even hard to even interpret the job description (talk about a buzz word word salad) and I am probably a good bit under-qualified.  But I am getting more interested/excited about it having learned more about what the job actually is about and they seem to like me.

I don't really have a problem with my current job so much as that the responsibilities have increased a lot from when I first started the job and the structure of the department has changed so in that I am performing the same job function as others in my group who I know are paid significantly more than I am.

DavePNW

At least you are still home rather than going to the office all the way to have it canceled. 

Truth. Not too much of a complaint. I was instead able to eat my oatmeal at the kitchen table instead of in my office.

Dave