Beginners and Beyond

Lovely Morning ThursDailies (Read 22 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Whoever allocated only 10 minutes appears to be completely clueless. What is a more important topic to any workforce right now? I'm sure it stopped at 50 min only because someone cut it off.

It's even more fun when it's 10 or so minutes for questions from all staff.

delicate flower

Whoever allocated only 10 minutes appears to be completely clueless. What is a more important topic to any workforce right now? I'm sure it stopped at 50 min only because someone cut it off.

Time ran out and a bunch of people had other meetings to get to.  As a "leader", I am now allowed to come and go into the office as I please, although I have nothing there and no reason to go in.  I don't even have a badge yet, so I would not be able to get in if I wanted to.  My department has grown by two people since I was hired and we don't have space for them in the department, so that is something I'll need to iron out in the coming weeks.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Time ran out and a bunch of people had other meetings to get to.  As a "leader", I am now allowed to come and go into the office as I please, although I have nothing there and no reason to go in.  I don't even have a badge yet, so I would not be able to get in if I wanted to.  My department has grown by two people since I was hired and we don't have space for them in the department, so that is something I'll need to iron out in the coming weeks.

A great idea would be to let them WFH forever and that will provide enough space for everybody...

Damaris

sdWhiskers

10 miles with 6 x 1 mi at HMP. Some rolling hills so focused on HM effort, which was fairly consistent even if pace didn't show it: 9:13/8:58/9:03/9:07/8:57/8:54. Cool 62 and foggy but 100% humidity. At the start of the 5th rep, I had to stop for a minute due to side stitch. This hasn't happened in ages so no idea why this morning.

In the past several weeks, we've had some more people come back into the office who had been wfh the whole pandemic. As someone who has been in since Aug, hearing these new folks complain about current protocols (masks, etc), I'm like STFU. So when you do go back in the office, be mindful of those who may have been onsite the whole time.

Good luck with the job Onemile!

sdWhiskers

And of course, after making sure I get back in time for my 7:00 meeting, it gets cancelled at 6:57. This seems to happen about 25% of the time.

Time to make this meeting biweekly?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We have a full spectrum of feelings on our staff about going back to the office.  Some would be happy never to set foot in the office again.  Others can't wait to be back full time.  The company has said that people who have the option of going into the office or staying home must be vaccinated if they go into the office.  No word on whether those who have no choice and must be in the office need to be vaccinated.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

A great idea would be to let them WFH forever and that will provide enough space for everybody...

On this subject, I've always had a "Tower" as a work computer. No matter what the specs say, they are simply more powerful than laptops. But with my new job that focuses more on architecture and less on technical prowesses, that is no longer a necessity.

So I went to pick up my new laptop yesterday. The point of my post is that I took the smallest laptop the company offers, a 14", as it is obviously smaller and lighter and better for run commutes.

#coolstorybro

In the past several weeks, we've had some more people come back into the office who had been wfh the whole pandemic. As someone who has been in since Aug, hearing these new folks complain about current protocols (masks, etc), I'm like STFU. So when you do go back in the office, be mindful of those who may have been onsite the whole time.

Do you still require 100% masking regardless of vax status?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

There is a part of me that wants to volunteer my office away or somehow split days with someone. I can do most of my job from home, but will go in when I need to. Today I have to go in to send a fax. Yes, you read that right. I need to send a fax. I sent something by secure e-mail and that is not working out, so I need to fax it. I wish I had kept the orginals at home for another week, then I could have cut the drive in half and just took them in-person to the school system that needs them.

Time to make this meeting biweekly?

Srsly. It was proposed a couple months ago, but they decided against. I just sent an email asking again. I told them my internet running friend suggested it, lol.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Do you still require 100% masking regardless of vax status?

Not sdWhiskers, but we do for staff (I've been fully vaxxed since mid-February). I read somewhere that CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Servies) has not changed guidance for healthcare yet. We have some exceptions for students/patients, but not staff. Our vax mandate goes into effect September 1, not sure if that will change things.

There is a part of me that wants to volunteer my office away or somehow split days with someone. I can do most of my job from home, but will go in when I need to. Today I have to go in to send a fax. Yes, you read that right. I need to send a fax. I sent something by secure e-mail and that is not working out, so I need to fax it. I wish I had kept the orginals at home for another week, then I could have cut the drive in half and just took them in-person to the school system that needs them.

If the fax doesn’t work out, you can try a telegram.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

On this subject, I've always had a "Tower" as a work computer. No matter what the specs say, they are simply more powerful than laptops. But with my new job that focuses more on architecture and less on technical prowesses, that is no longer a necessity.

So I went to pick up my new laptop yesterday. The point of my post is that I took the smallest laptop the company offers, a 14", as it is obviously smaller and lighter and better for run commutes.

#coolstorybro

If you work from home some days, does the size matter as much if you can hook it up to an external monitor?

Half Crazy K 2.0

If the fax doesn’t work out, you can try a telegram.

I'm bring the stuff back home with me and if the fax doesn't work, I drive them there. Just looked, it's actually only 3 miles shorter than my commute to work. I thought it was closer. In theory, I could do a long run to get them there, but showing up in my 3 inch shorts & tank probably isn't the image my work wants

I'm bring the stuff back home with me and if the fax doesn't work, I drive them there. Just looked, it's actually only 3 miles shorter than my commute to work. I thought it was closer. In theory, I could do a long run to get them there, but showing up in my 3 inch shorts & tank probably isn't the image my work wants

No, it should be the sports bra-only look.

Dave