Beginners and Beyond

Juicy Banana FriDAILIES (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

It beats being dead, right?

I can't argue.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Do you need the new strap to do the test?  I didn't get the strap with my 630 but I have one from my 620

Also, did you do a HRMax test?

I have the 620 strap also. They pushed a firmware upgrade to it or something, but I get all 630 advanced stats with the 620 strap.

I don't feel like doing a true MaxHR test. Too difficult. I just use what I think is right based on some hard workouts I do sometimes. My resting HR, on the other hand, I measure daily with the 24/7 wrist HRM. That is not too difficult.

Cyberic

So you are lying!

Quoted for emphasis

LRB

Yasso 800s, been wanting to do this for a while. Did 10x800 w/3mins. Avg was 3:05.2

A 3:05 marathon? Nice! Where is your fall marathon again?

Cyberic

A 3:05 marathon? Nice! Where is your fall marathon again?

None this year. I just will redo the workout periodically to measure improvement.

The Yassos are usually optimistic, like the race time predictors.

onemile

None this year. I just will redo the workout periodically to measure improvement.

The one time I did Yassos I averaged 3:14 and ran a 3:23 marathon

DavePNW

I have never tried them, but they always looked like something I could do more easily than hitting the corresponding marathon time.

Dave

Cyberic

You guys race pretty often (well, some of you) and can use that to measure improvement. I figured the Yasso 800s could be the next best thing to estimate marathon times as racing shorter distances. In both case, you have to add a good 7 minutes on a good day.

And I will say this: they might not be accurate, but it was a damn good workout, though.

MTA: 10 of them means 5 miles total at close to 5K pace.

onemile

You guys race pretty often (well, some of you) and can use that to measure improvement. I figured the Yasso 800s could be the next best thing to estimate marathon times as racing shorter distances. In both case, you have to add a good 7 minutes on a good day.

And I will say this: they might not be accurate, but it was a damn good workout, though.

MTA: 10 of them means 5 miles total at close to 5K pace.

You are due to run a 5k. You can't say 'close to 5k pace' when your 5k was run 2 years ago

Cyberic

You are due to run a 5k. You can't say 'close to 5k pace' when your 5k was run 2 years ago

Hehehe, I know what you're saying, but I also kinda know about what pace I could hold for 5K. By how it feels to run at those different paces in training.

I could also say at a pace somewhere between 10k and 5k pace.

DavePNW

Burn!

Dave

onemile

onemile

Burn!

So are we a go on the 5k this weekend?

onemile

Hehehe, I know what you're saying, but I also kinda know about what pace I could hold for 5K. By how it feels to run at those different paces in training.

Are you still running a half marathon in April? What is the date?

delicate flower

I don't know....I have a hard time holding my 5K race pace for longer than a quarter mile in training.  I never know what my race pace is going to be until I race.  Even my current PR was something completely out of the blue.

<3