Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies wake up call! (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

It is 7:45 AM and high time you wake up.  I've got a short bike ride on the schedule, then some errands.  It should be a pretty low key day.  Rain is clearing out right now.

Speak!

<3

Cyberic

Another SRD, yet I'm fighting off an urge to run a few steps. Good sign. My quads are fine, only my calves are still a little tight. I think I'll resist the urge today, though.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Gonna try for 4-5 miles here shortly, my stupid achy left knee is still complaining

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Switched one Pilates class this week for Spinning, so I'm off to that soon.  If I can walk after that, 7 miles on the TM.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jetta and I got in 5 miles, the left knee was achy and stiff for the first mile and then slowly eased up and by mile 3 there was barely a noticeable dull ache... if any at all but I was really focusing on it so...

I am currently just 6.7 miles away from 6,000... so if I do run tomorrow I'll have to pay special attention to my garmin so I can celebrate with Jetta with a selfie.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

RD. Picked up my number for my race tomorrow. Pouring here, at least the race wasn't today.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 15.1 daylight miles with it 50F and overcast.  That weather is hard to beat.  The turkeys were gobbling and I might have smiled a couple of times.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Ric-G

13 this morning...now having some fresh perked (old-school) coffee...of course soccer games later on...planning on seeing triple G lace up the gloves later (one of only a couple of boxers I find interesting)...and maybe i'll get a haircut too...anyway, have a great saturday everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

6 w/8x100m strides.

Oh BTW - I finally got around to checking the online results from my 5k last weekend. I talked to a 55yo guy after the race who beat me; I thought they did 10-yr age groups so I could've been no better than 2nd. Turns out they did 5-yr groups, so I won. Only 8 in the AG, but still. OA 9/193.

Dave

No more marathons

FFS - decided to just walk yesterday at lunch.  Light rain and as I stepped on a storm drain the next thing I knew I was on the ground.  Left ankle and both hands scraped, and more concerning, my lower back was letting me know it was not happy about the whole thing.

Had trouble getting comfortable sleeping last night, but finally towards morning the pain had subsided enough that the normal sleeping positions were OK.

Wanted to get in a longish run this morning, my last one before a couple of track races on Tuesday and then a HM next Saturday and wan't sure how the back would respond.  Fortunately, the run seems to have worked out the last of the pain and I managed 9.1 miles.

Rest day tomorrow (except for mowing about an acre of grass) and then short with strides on Monday.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

workinprogress11

6 w/8x100m strides.

Oh BTW - I finally got around to checking the online results from my 5k last weekend. I talked to a 55yo guy after the race who beat me; I thought they did 10-yr age groups so I could've been no better than 2nd. Turns out they did 5-yr groups, so I won. Only 8 in the AG, but still. OA 9/193.

Excellent!  A surprise AG win is always a nice treat.

USMigraineRD yesterday led to 6 nauseous miles today. Blerg.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Daily people.

I went to the packet pickup today and then I drove the course. It is rolling with one pretty good climb of 1.2 miles so a PR will be a tall order. That's ok, I am still going to go at it.

Mr MattM

I put in 10 on the lake trails this morning and I'll log 3-5 more this evening.  I'm trying to work back up to high mileage and am currently in the mid-50s.  I'll shoot for mid-60s next week and hold it there for a couple of weeks before moving up again.  I'm finally ready to get back into distance running, after a rather lengthy hiatus.

I know a lot of names here from the old RW.... I was more of an MRT regular... back in the day.

Cheers!  And RUN MORE!

be curious; not judgmental

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cliff shots turn into jawbreakers 3 years after their expiration date. Glad I checked them today instead of tomorrow.

Ric-G

6 w/8x100m strides.

Congrats dave! That overall ranking looks good too.

marathon pr - 3:16