Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

on my way to badass

Morning!

Sunday's weather is looking kind of marginal.  Rain and wind.

What's up with you?

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.5 in the dark.  It was slow, but it needed to be.

You guys are pretty awesome to be offering to send me plans and books.  And, all the advice and input is much appreciated.

Now go have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Pleasantridge, Amazon used books are a great resource. I think I paid more for shipping than the actual books (Daniels, Pfitzing and Hudson).

LRB

I ran 8.

It was dark as a gorilla's backside and foggier than Transylvania on All Hallows' Eve. lol

Really eerie.

Decent enough run though, all things considered. More later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I'm going to bitch about this hurricane until I am in Chicago.  And that's looking less likely.  I have 7 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, you have such a way with words.

Docket, since there is a state of emergency, is getting out early an option? I know pesky things such as work can get in the way....

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I ran 8.

It was dark as a gorilla's backside and foggier than Transylvania on All Hallows' Eve. lol

Really eerie.

Not all gorillas have pure black hair on their backside, a Silverback has silver....just saying 

Jetta and I got out and ran 6.5 at easy effort this morning. I slept like crap last night.

PleasantRidge, someone on here refered Run Faster to me, got it on amazon.com. I've had fantastic results with my self-made plans in the past for HMs and the trail marathons. But I'm nervous about my plan since it involves more quality workouts rather than just volume.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

I ran 8.

Really eerie.

Ha!  That's my home.  Transylvania County - the only such named county in the US.

And fittingly enough, we have a 5K/10K coming up called the Flight of the Vampire.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Not all gorillas have pure black hair on their backside, a Silverback has silver....just saying 

Jetta and I got out and ran 6.5 at easy effort this morning. I slept like crap last night.

PleasantRidge, someone on here refered Run Faster to me, got it on amazon.com. I've had fantastic results with my self-made plans in the past for HMs and the trail marathons. But I'm nervous about my plan since it involves more quality workouts rather than just volume.

Thanks for the info.  I may just have to read that as well.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LRB, you have such a way with words.

Docket, since there is a state of emergency, is getting out early an option? I know pesky things such as work can get in the way....

No chance to leave early.  Hurricane arrives Thursday, flight is Saturday.  I don't think we can grab a flight out tomorrow anyway.

Damaris

Cyberic

I will run some during lunch. 4 - 4.5 miles or something. Helping a co-worker with talent (hockey player, cyclist) getting started with intervals.

DavePNW

I have Hansons & Pfitz on Kindle. (As well as the Pfitz book on 5k to HM - maybe useful for bluesky.) My 2 cents, probably easier to use in dead tree format. I found Hansons a bit more readable & more tailored to the less experienced runner. But in the end, my eyes glaze over when reading any of that shit, and I end up just skipping to the training plans.

7 miles

Dave

DavePNW

Morning.  I'm going to bitch about this hurricane until I am in Chicago.  And that's looking less likely.  I have 7 with 2 at MP tonight.

I have that one tomorrow!

Good luck with your friend Matthew. My parents liive in Boca Raton, I should probably check in with them.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluesky, Daniels 2nd edition has plans for I think the 800-1500. Can't remember the exact details since I didn't use them.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have that one tomorrow!

Good luck with your friend Matthew. My parents liive in Boca Raton, I should probably check in with them.

I don't think it's going to be too bad down here, but Matthew is about to turn West and depending where we might be fucked or super fucked.  I am considering driving to Chicago depending on work.  But I've heard the stories of people having to work here until 2 hours before a storm comes in, so no hope there.

Damaris