Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

LRB

Not all gorillas have pure black hair on their backside, a Silverback has silver....just saying 

Well, I'm not altogether certain that it's foggy in Transylvania on October 31st, either. But to say that would take away from the joke, get it?

LRB

LRB, you have such a way with words.

Docket, since there is a state of emergency, is getting out early an option? I know pesky things such as work can get in the way....

Thank you for not over-thinking it like that other poster did. Big grin

LRB

Ha!  That's my home.  Transylvania County - the only such named county in the US.

And fittingly enough, we have a 5K/10K coming up called the Flight of the Vampire.

Now that, is a cool story bro. Cool

LRB

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. WE INTERRUPT THIS ONLINE CHAT ROOM TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING ALERT:

I am high calories today, all food should run and hide. I repeat, if you are food, and don't want to be eaten, run your asses off because I aim to eat you.

THIS CONCLUDES THIS ALERT. YOU MAY RETURN TO CHATTING. or whatever it is you people call it Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. WE INTERRUPT THIS ONLINE CHAT ROOM TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING ALERT:

I am high calories today, all food should run and hide. I repeat, if you are food, and don't want to be eaten, run your asses off because I aim to eat you.

THIS CONCLUDES THIS ALERT. YOU MAY RETURN TO CHATTING. or whatever it is you people call it Big grin

It is only 10:45!

Damaris

LRB

It is only 10:45!

Here's an idea; unwritten rules should be written!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello Tuesday!  Another Tuesday, another masters swim.  2500 yards done.  I've got a short tempo run to do after work.

Weather stalking for Saturday and keeping an eye on the hurricane that is messing with Docket.  Our race day is saying about 50 at the start and peaking in the low 60's during the race, with a mix of clouds and sun and a dew point in the low 50's.  I'd prefer it about 10 degrees colder, but if that forecast holds up it'll have little if any impact on race performance, so I'll take it.  #youcare

<3

DavePNW

My forecast: low 51, high 58, 20% chance of rain. Not bad. Rain keeps shifting around, so we'll see. I do not see the hurricane path making its way out here, so that's something.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, if there is even a chance of Matthew hitting MD, schools will close before the first wind gust or rain drop is felt.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket, if there is even a chance of Matthew hitting MD, schools will close before the first wind gust or rain drop is felt.

Most likely here too.  But we don't work for the schools so we won't get off or close the office until a hurricane warning has been issued.  Which only comes on Thursday.  Bah.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, I'm not altogether certain that it's foggy in Transylvania on October 31st, either. But to say that would take away from the joke, get it?

I wanted to be a smart ass.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Most likely here too.  But we don't work for the schools so we won't get off or close the office until a hurricane warning has been issued.  Which only comes on Thursday.  Bah.

I'm out of inclement weather days for the year, so doesn't matter for me. Last storm we had (Sandy), the state of emergency in Baltimore city essentially shut everything down, so very few people were allowed access..In theory, my work badge would allow me in (hospital), but I'm not an essential employee. Whew

ETA, does the state of emergency cover your area?

Cyberic

My forecast: low 51, high 58, 20% chance of rain. Not bad. Rain keeps shifting around, so we'll see. I do not see the hurricane path making its way out here, so that's something.

Not bad? That's pretty good.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Here's an idea; unwritten rules should be written!

Here's some food for thought. If hungry you can always eat your words.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Here's some food for thought. If hungry you can always eat your words.

An area I excel in. Big grin