Beginners and Beyond

Race Day Saturday! (Read 51 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Up early, watching the sunrise & having coffee and sweet potato praline pancakes. The pancakes sound fancy but are really a way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. Feels like I have been training for this half forever.

Hope everyone survived Black Friday!

delicate flower

Good luck, 2.0!  I ran 2.5.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 39 degrees when I left my house. It's now 33 at the satellite parking area. I'm gonna freeze.

LRB

It was 39 degrees when I left my house. Its' now 33 at the satellite parking area. I'm gonna freeze.

DROOL!

I layer up in a jacket, long sleeve top and pants, then strip down to my race gear over the course of my warm-up. But if you don't do any of that then yeah, brr!

Good luck. Race strong!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I just woke up (thanks, Hershey) and trying to pack before we head to Cocoa.  RD for me.

Damaris

Good luck Halfcrazy! Damaris your racing this weekend too right?

Just shy of 12mi at my local state park. Some nice elevation there...probably the most elevation I've ever done.  Ran with my friend from the Frequent Racer group. Also did 6x1min hard up this one steep hill. w jog back recovery.  Legs are beat. Great workout.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

It was 39 degrees when I left my house. It's now 33 at the satellite parking area. I'm gonna freeze.

Thats perfect racing weather right there....bundle up...warm up...strip down and race! Go get em!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Good luck HCK!

6 miles in Lincoln City, OR. Which is on the coast, but sadly there's no way to actually run along the ocean. Unless I want to run on the sand, and FTS. So I run along the main highway which runs parallel to the coastline, but can't actually see the ocean except in one spot where it opens up. #coolstorybro

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Running is dumb. Garmin's are dumber.

Runshortii

I ran 5 before work.

Half - Race didn’t go as planned I take it? Sad

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran 5 before work.

Half - Race didn’t go as planned I take it? Sad

Not at all, was hoping for about 9 minutes faster. And my Garmin decided to alternate between world record mile pace and walking pace between miles 4 and 5.

zzyzx

Wow! You were doing world record mile pace!!?!? Wink

I replaced my shoes yesterday and my initial thought was to test out the new ones but figured it might be better to give my knee a week to recover. Then I thought I'd go to the gym but on the drive there I saw the morning sunrise was going to be insane so I drove to the Queen Anne Viewpoint to take a photo. Then I decided to just do four laps of the counterbalance, a little running down the hill but mostly walking. Each lap was a bit more than a mile and 26 flights of stairs of vertical so I got some exercise in a different form today.

sunrise

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wow! You were doing world record mile pace!!?!? Wink

According to Garmin, well under it. Best pace in mile 5 was 3:40, mile 6 3:26 and mile 10 was 2:46  I don't know how to put a map from my training log here (LRB, Baboon, DavePNW???), but the course was an out and back. My maps does not show that. This is my 6th race on this rail trail, I've never had my watch do this and today there was way less tree cover.

breadnatty08

23.2mi with just over 6k ft of vertical this morning in the mountains.  Great weather, sunny and warmed up!  Trails were so leafy that I had a couple close calls with ankle rolls/trips but came away unscathed.  

Find me on Strava

GinnyinPA

Breadnatty - this time of year it's the acorns under the leaves I worry about. Those things are slippery.

HC - weird Garmin action. I've had a 2:30 pace a couple of times on my Garmin, but usually it's the first few minutes of my run, not midway. I've had to stop the watch and start over, but obviously that doesn't work mid-race.

Z - Wow! That is a gorgeous view of Seattle and Mt. Rainier.

Baboon and Damaris - good luck tomorrow.  Have fun.

Still not recovered from my cold and norovirus, so my 12 felt like a slog, but I got it done.Great day for a run, 50 degrees and clouds.