Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: The streak ends today (Read 37 times)

LRB

Well, it's not really a streak, but I haven't gotten my drink on since New Years Day. And, it's been even longer since I've had any yummy pizza (no wonder I've been in a bitchy ass mood lately!).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a little bit of both after work tonight, but up first is a run in some cold ass temps. Brrf.

'Sup?

on my way to badass

In the middle of a Nor'easter. No school. DH staying home too.

As I was watching the local news with the inevitable reporter standing out in the street, a runner went behind the reporter. He/she is a better runner then I am!

Anyhow, I had a rest day yesterday, so some mileage on the mill.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

No more marathons

Today will likely be my first TM work out in like, ever.

It's not the temp (35F) or the feels like (23F) that will drive me inside, it's the 24 MPH wind.

No way I'm trying to do 3 X Mile at 10K pace in that.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and a bike ride tonight.  And I get to go to court in person!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

LRB, have an extra slice and several extra beers.  That is far too long to go without booze.

I ran 7.4 windy miles.  31F w/ a windchill of about 20 isn't my favorite way to start the day, but I dressed just right.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I ran 7.4 windy miles.  31F w/ a windchill of about 20 isn't my favorite way to start the day, but I dressed just right.

20 and 8 for me and like you, I nailed the attire. Not sure I'll nail the alcohol though. lol

LRB

Morning.  I have Pilates and a bike ride tonight.  And I get to go to court in person!

I'd hate to be whoever's on the receiving of the stick you'll be swinging!

LRB

Today will likely be my first TM work out in like, ever.

It's not the temp (35F) or the feels like (23F) that will drive me inside, it's the 24 MPH wind.

No way I'm trying to do 3 X Mile at 10K pace in that.

And waste an opportunity to run fast with that force at your back? Come on, you might PR that bitch. 

Cyberic

I have to drop the idea of following Daniels' plan. The speed work is killing me. I feel the groin issue I had when I was playing hockey coming back. 200s sessions for a couple of weeks in a row is just too brutal for me. I'll switch back to VO2Max Tuesdays and Threshold Thursdays, a formula that works good for me. Maybe I'll try to throw in a couple of 200s at the end of workouts, and see how that goes, but I'm dropping out of things like 12 x 200, or 3 x (200, 200, 400) and so on. Too bad, I like doing those workouts with short and intense bursts, but they're not for me. At least not week after week. I can get away with one of those sessions thrown in once in a while, but that's not how Daniels' plan is structured. 

LRB

In the middle of a Nor'easter. No school. DH staying home too.

As I was watching the local news with the inevitable reporter standing out in the street, a runner went behind the reporter. He/she is a better runner then I am!

Anyhow, I had a rest day yesterday, so some mileage on the mill.

There's one in every crowd!

onemile

I have to drop the idea of following Daniels' plan. The speed work is killing me. I feel the groin issue I had when I was playing hockey coming back. 200s sessions for a couple of weeks in a row is just too brutal for me. I'll switch back to VO2Max Tuesdays and Threshold Thursdays, a formula that works good for me. Maybe I'll try to throw in a couple of 200s at the end of workouts, and see how that goes, but I'm dropping out of things like 12 x 200, or 3 x (200, 200, 400) and so on. Too bad, I like doing those workouts with short and intense bursts, but they're not for me. At least not week after week. I can get away with one of those sessions thrown in once in a while, but that's not how Daniels' plan is structured. 

I find those R pace intervals to beat me up more than any other workout.  I was so sore yesterday and walking like a cripple

Hey do you want to follow the Addie Bracy plan?  I can give you the workout for tomorrow. Our goal HM is the same day.

LRB

My run was all sorts of bizarre. I knew from the first step that I felt great, which is weird coming after yesterday's shit show at the track, and the fact that I'm just getting over that stupid cold. But even more so that I had yoga last night, so traditionally my Thursday run is a slog fest. But what made it bizarrer () is that is was pretty swift as easy runs go, swift for me that is. 

onemile

Jealous of all of you getting big snowstorms. No, not really. Cold but no snow here and it can stay that way. I am over it.

From my run last night

onemile

My run was all sorts of bizarre. I knew from the first step that I felt great, which is weird coming after yesterday's shit show at the track, and the fact that I'm just getting over that stupid cold. But even more so that I had yoga last night, so traditionally my Thursday run is a slog fest. But what made it bizarrer () is that is was pretty swift as easy runs go, swift for me that is. 

It's always nice, when you expect a run to be miserable, to be surprised with one that is somewhat pleasant

LRB

Usually there is a reduction in volume when working at "R" pace velocity. I'm not sure there are many who can carry near maximum mileage and run at maximum speed concurrently. I mean I'm sure there are, but those folks are the exception, not the rule....generally speaking that is. Or maybe you're right and it is the speed work, I'm just some dude from the internet, not a coach.