Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Emphasis on Sun (Read 36 times)

LRB

Hi.

I'm driving to the trail where I will run for 80 - 90 minutes.

It's 81 degrees now and will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 87 when I'm done.

Wonderful.  -_-

KCRuns

Good morning! It’s hot and humid here today with intermittent sprinkles. I did a 90 minute progression run in thirds. 30 min each @ 12:15, 11:24, 10:40. 8 miles total.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 15 treadmill miles tonight.

Damaris

onemile

Just 5 for me this morning.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was 86 with a 74 dewpoint when I finished my miserable 9 mile slog. I'm pretty sure I left puddles across the floor in the brand new CVS when I stopped to buy a Gatorade. At least my money was in a Ziploc bag and dry.

RunningOnSand

Cyberic

Ran 17.2 in rather hot and humid temps. My RP is so afraid of slowing me down that she was setting a good pace of 7:38. On the turnaround (we ran an out and back) she told me if I wanted to go ahead and run faster I could just go ahead and leave her behind. That made me laugh. It was plenty fast for me.

Took the day off from running yesterday, because of a family reunion out of town. So I end with 61 miles for my week at an average pace of 7:34. That is rather unusual.

LRB

sdWhiskers

6.6 miles with all but the first one in MP range. I felt better today (yay!) so maybe I'm slowly climbing out of the funk.

34 miles for the week

Is Strava not uploading from Garmin for everyone this morning, or just me?

Cyberic

Is Strava not uploading from Garmin for everyone this morning, or just me?

Strava is dead for me too. I was wondering if it was only me.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Strava is having issues with sharing to FB from the website (not from the mobile app, though) and also with Garmin, from what I read.

Damaris

LRB

Good morning! It’s hot and humid here today with intermittent sprinkles. I did a 90 minute progression run in thirds. 30 min each @ 12:15, 11:24, 10:40. 8 miles total.

This is intriguing (as was Jenny's wave run from the other day). Nicely done.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 63 miles on a warm and sticky morning.  I had to mow after I got home, which wasn't as much fun.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Good Afternoon Crew

LRB- 90mins+87F sounds like torture

KC- Nice progression

HC- "at least the money was in a ziplock" lol. Ive handed people money a couple times when it was soaking wet...a little embarrassing

Damaris- Enjoy the 15er

onemile and ROS- Nice 5s

Eric- You are killing it out there...keep up the great work

PR- Nice ride. Yeah theres always something that needs to be done. Yardwork is my least favorite

DW and I visited Bowmens Hill Tower in Washington Crossing park yesterday evening to watch the sunset. It was beautiful up there. The elevator was broken so the only way up was to climb this winding stair case 125'. I swear I'm trying to rest my calf lol. The hill that you drive up to get to the tower site is unbelievable. I need to run up this thing one day lol.

I am officially resting today although I actually feel nothing from the calf. I think this is a good sign. I did do some planks, side planks, donkey kicks earlier but thats it. Yesterdays squats killed my legs lol. If I could do them 2x a week I believe I could be a much stronger runner. Thats about it for today. Grass needs to be cut but screw it...its too hot out.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

LRB- 90mins+87F sounds like torture

It was rough but I was well hydrated and fueled when I began and took hydration 6 times during it. I also stopped in the shade a couple of times during the last 30 minutes. Those were not planned stops it's just that when I got in the shade I was like, this feels good!