Beginners and Beyond

Topless SunDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Cyberic

This is what a sopping wet mess looks like taking my last steps of an 1 hour and 51 minute run yesterday geezus.

Apparently, I was sleep-jogging.

Well, well! You sure look happy!

Cyberic

I tried to make sure that I won't have the disastrously undertrained first marathon story to share like some of you.

DavePNW

The chocolate Gu (Outrage?) tastes exactly like canned chocolate frosting to me.

^ This exactly, it's how I've described it to people. Despite the fact that I love everything chocolate, that Gu makes me gag. I like every other Gu flavor I've tried, I never have problems eating them, and actually really enjoy them. I discovered my distaste of the Chocolate Gu sometime during my training last summer. I planned to take 4 Gu's for the Detroit Marathon, and packed them in a SpiBelt probably a month in advance, mainly to see if everything would fit. There it sat until race day, since I never use it during training runs. During the race, every 6 miles I'd reach in and take the first Gu I found. At mile 24, the last one was of course that damn Chocolate Outrage, I had forgotten it was even in there. That one was tough to choke down.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This is what a sopping wet mess looks like taking my last steps of an 1 hour and 51 minute run yesterday geezus.

Apparently, I was sleep-jogging.

Are you dancing?

Great job on the runs, guys.

Damaris

Cyberic

61.5 miles for the week, my 9th consecutive 60+ week. Not going for 10.

Niiice! You have pushed this training cycle more than I have. As you often said, I followed the exact plan more than you. I took my every other Sunday off from the long run, as prescribed. You simply ran more.

onemile

Are you dancing?

Like a ballerina FFS!

LRB

Are you dancing?

That was so funny I forgot to laugh.

onemile

Niiice! You have pushed this training cycle more than I have. As you often said, I followed the exact plan more than you. I took my every other Sunday off from the long run, as prescribed. You simply ran more.

Subsequent cycles give you the foundation to be able to complete harder workouts.  But Dave's log makes me tired to just look at it.

LRB

Like a running ballerina FFS!

Let me help you out with that.

That was my 50k pace.

Baboon

delicate flower

Nice post-swim pic there, LRB!  Heh...you are soaked.

Cyber, that's a hell of a run.  Great job on that.  Not to jinx it, but you really should have no problem at all knocking a BQ out of the park.

Lauren, nice to see you running again!  WOO HOO!

I'm off to run in a bit.  I went ahead and signed up for the Ironman ffs jhfc omfg wtf.

<3

DavePNW

I'm off to run in a bit.  I went ahead and signed up for the Ironman ffs jhfc omfg wtf.

BOO YAH!! Now you must say this (in the appropriate voice): I AM IRON BABS!

Dave

LRB

I went ahead and signed up for the Ironman ffs jhfc omfg wtf.

'Atta boy.

With any luck, you might match her time.

#nopressure

LRB

I'm off to mow the lawn FFS. I'll be back to play in awhile.

Cyberic

I went ahead and signed up for the Ironman ffs jhfc omfg wtf.

A-HA! There ya go! I wouldn't say it's a smart move, but it's the right move. You'll be a friggin' Iron Man, FFS! To me, just the swimming portion is ultra impressive.

Baboon

delicate flower

BOO YAH!! Now you must say this (in the appropriate voice): I AM IRON BABS!

Honestly I did not make that decision lightly.  Spent a lot of time thinking it over and driving the wife nuts.  My biggest issue is that the running fitness may take a small hit as I ramp up the cycling, but I could actually use six months of less running.  I've done four straight marathon cycles with basically no break, and I'd end up doing two more if I didn't sign up for this.  If I'm doing this, I'm going all in.

<3