Beginners and Beyond

Lazy SaturDAILIES (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Seriously?  Me?

7 miles tonight.  Off to the chiro.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Probably a walk for me today, and then 10 miles tomorrow.

Last night at almost 11:00 I did the plank position for FIVE minutes!!! I had finally got up to 4 minutes in July and kept doing 4 consistently until last night when I decided to push it to 5! Awesome!  Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  Large coffee at 8:00 PM does not make for a restful night of sleep.  Sleepy

Going for a run later....

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.1. Now at the puppy pool.

Marjorie

Will run for scenery.

I'm spending the next week doing trail work for the Colorado Trail.  I'll be camping in the mountains with a group of 25 or so other gullible rubes volunteers doing what chain gangs used to do.  Except the singing.  I do not sing.

I've done it a couple of times before and it's actually a lot of fun.  Plus we'll be living above 10000' which is good prep for Pike's Peak.  We get a couple of days off, so I'll probably do a bit of running/hiking, but I gotta be sure not to overdo it before the race.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Ric-G

nice and quiet here....

jjs- living at 10k feet...nice

free - good job w/the plank

15 this morning @8:35...older son is driving back from St. Louis today with his cousins...poor boy thinks he'll be bored in the car for a long trip...he couldn't handle the old days before technology...have a good one all.

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

Last night at almost 11:00 I did the plank position for FIVE minutes!!! I had finally got up to 4 minutes in July and kept doing 4 consistently until last night when I decided to push it to 5! Awesome!  Big grin

That does not seem humanly possible.

Went to yoga today (plenty of planks!), mowing lawn soon. No run today, will go tomorrow; playing it safe with every other day for now.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Whenever I think of "Lazy", I think of this great tune....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69EcnxJmnd4

Starts off a little slow, then it gets rockin'!

11.5 miles today, and I was pretty spent for the last mile or so - a good, sluggish run! I really am feeling lazy now.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Actually, a 55 year old man holds the record as of this past April. Just over 3 hours, which I know I will never get close to but I will be just as happy if I can reach 10 minutes in the next 2 years or so.

http://www.fitbie.com/2013/04/30/plank-world-record

That does not seem humanly possible.

Went to yoga today (plenty of planks!), mowing lawn soon. No run today, will go tomorrow; playing it safe with every other day for now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

DavePNW

Whenever I think of "Lazy", I think of this great tune....

I think of this one.

Dave

DavePNW

Actually, a 55 year old man holds the record as of this past April. Just over 3 hours, which I know I will never get close to but I will be just as happy if I can reach 10 minutes in the next 2 years or so.

That's insane.

So are you also doing forearm planks like this guy? I thought the standard plank was on your palms, i.e. top of pushup.

You have me curious now, maybe I will see how long I can hold one....

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, that's an interesting read. Maybe I should try planking? Smile

15 miles completed this morning in 2:20. The wife was giving me crap when I got home about taking so long. I told her it took a while to get going because I didn't have any shirts so I was going through clean laundry trying to find one. I settled on the least stinky unwashed one.

While out on my run I did encounter a pretty funny pair of tombstones:

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My normal plank is like this: 

Though I do sometimes try to do like his, and it is a bit harder I think.... I constantly feel as if my arms are sliding out from under me for some reason.

Burrrn: That is freaking hilarious.

That's insane.

So are you also doing forearm planks like this guy? I thought the standard plank was on your palms, i.e. top of pushup.

You have me curious now, maybe I will see how long I can hold one....

PRs

Rondog65

Finished the Irish Pub Race (5.25 miles, 46:49 / 8:55 pace) before the heavy rain came through, yeah.  Overall I am happy with the result, a little slower than hoped however it was a PR for the course.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)