Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies - Let it be Sunny Damn it! (Read 37 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Pretty Pretty Please 

Anywho, good morning made up people from the internet, claiming to be real people 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

Pretty Pretty Please 

Anywho, good morning made up people from the internet, claiming to be real people 

Back atcha.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My workouts for this morning went like this:

No automatic alt text available.

And then right out the gym door for an out and back easy run.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

PRs

LRB

If the forecast holds true, we won't see the sun again around these parts after today until next weekend.

onemile

If the forecast holds true, we won't see the sun again around these parts after today until next weekend.

Sunny and 60 here again today.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The sun is trying to peak through the clouds... but hell I'll just be happy if temp gets above 55 damn it. But just about everyday for the next few days is going to be raining, storming... whatever.... Blah

PRs

LRB

Sunny and 60 here again today.

Hopefully it keeps pushing east. 👍

No more marathons

Rest day for me today - these old legs don't like more than 6 days in a row.

Statement/Question:  The night after a long run I really have trouble sleeping - my legs muscles ache, my hands and feet feel uncomfortably warm, and my hip joints hurt.  Now some of this might just have to do with being older than dirt, but I wonder if anyone else notices trouble getting a good night sleep after a long workout?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

Statement/Question:  The night after a long run I really have trouble sleeping - my legs muscles ache, my hands and feet feel uncomfortably warm, and my hip joints hurt.  Now some of this might just have to do with being older than dirt, but I wonder if anyone else notices trouble getting a good night sleep after a long workout?

I get that way after marathons. I think I used to after long training runs when I first started doing them but I have done so many now I think I have adjusted to it.

If the forecast holds true, we won't see the sun again around these parts after today until next weekend June

FYP, for me. good to be back home to the PNW I guess? (Although back on the road tomorrow night.  Wink It's 39 degrees this morning here, so due for some weather whiplash today. But certainly more favorable conditions for an LR w/MP. Assuming my body even remembers how to run somewhat fast after slogging it for what seems like forever. Anyway, let the Sunday morning pre-LR procrastination begin.

Dave

Are you running them at night? I don't think I ever noticed anything, running in the morning. Although forcing myself to get up so effing early helps me sleep at night. And during MRT I have what could be considered LRs ~3x/week, and my leg muscles pretty much hurt all the time.

Dave

onemile

Are you running them at night? I don't think I ever noticed anything, running in the morning. Although forcing myself to get up so effing early helps me sleep at night. And during MRT I have what could be considered LRs ~3x/week, and my leg muscles pretty much hurt all the time.

If I do a hard workout in the evening, I often feel energized and awake and less tired/sleepy at my usual bedtime.  But it's not the aching/warmth/shooting pains up and down my legs keeping me up like I would have the night after a marathon. Which Ibuprofen does help

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes. Especially had this problem last year, although last night's sleep sucked.

Hip Redux

I do - I bought some recovery compression pants and wear them at night before bed and sometimes even overnight and it's like night and day.   It seems to quiet the legs enough that I can get decent sleep.   Also helps with overall soreness.

I never notice a difference running in compression, but I'm a full believer in recovery compression.