Beginners and Beyond

Complimentary Weekend Penguins (Read 24 times)

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Robert!  WTG

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

I did 12.5 on the treadmill this morning, which is officially my longest run ever and longer than any human should have to spend on the treadmill. 37.75 for the week, and that makes 2 in a row at 37+ Big grin Also lost another couple pounds this week, forgot to body glide my thighs this morning but no chub rub occurred, so yay for having slightly less fat!

Congrats Robert! Big grin

Ginny - from yesterday's thread, we haven't had anyone out to look at the damage yet. DH and I both got home early yesterday and we managed to dig a channel through the ice over the guest room window and put an ice melt-filled sock up there, and that has stopped the leaking indoors for now. I spoke to my dad (who is also my insurance agent) this morning and he said that our policy will cover ice dam/snow removal from our roof since we'll be doing it as damage control as opposed to preventive maintenance. I'm looking up places to call right now and we'll hopefully have someone out to do that this week, and then we'll get an estimate for everything that needs to be repaired/replaced once the ice is history.

hog4life

Robert, woohoo for spontaneous 5k's, those are the best kind.

Pad, can't wait to hear about it.

Zel, I sure hope everything is ok with work.

Scotty, you are still the racing machine that I admire, 9 races already. Have there even been 9 weekends in the year yet?

I woke up early to a pleasant 52 degrees and sunshine, so went out for 5 miles. It wasn't planned, but I pushed a few miles into the 8:30 range.

tracilynn

Congrats Robert! That's awesome!

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

Congrats Robert!  You give me hope for my racing 

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

Well tomorrow I will be running the Cowtown Full Half Marathon as a training run. Ultra and Full Marathons canceled. Still running the Half at this time. All runners invited to run the half.

Next up Irving GE Marathon 4/4/15.

So how do I train for the month, repeat the last month or what?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Well tomorrow I will be running the Cowtown Full Half Marathon as a training run. Ultra and Full Marathons canceled. Still running the Half at this time. All runners invited to run the half.

Thats what I had to do when the Dallas HM was cancelled and I rescheduled for the Woodlands - though that was 10 weeks difference.  Was a *LONG* 10 weeks.

hog4life

Why was it cancelled? I would try to find a happy medium and try to do a similar month of training. Or, you could ramp back up like you were still building, then taper again. I would try to pick a number of weekly miles between your highest and drop back a little.

GinnyinPA

PAD - I'm so sorry your race was cancelled.  Especially since you now have to pay for a second marathon - not inexpensive.  How very frustrating!

PADRunner

Why was it cancelled? I would try to find a happy medium and try to do a similar month of training. Or, you could ramp back up like you were still building, then taper again. I would try to pick a number of weekly miles between your highest and drop back a little.

Ice. he Ultra and Full run on a lot of side walks  and shaded areas through parks. That can't be cleared or sanded. It was tought just walking to the expo because of it. It's been melting, so a little water on top of 1/2 of ice and away you go.

hog4life

Ice. he Ultra and Full run on a lot of side walks  and shaded areas through parks. That can't be cleared or sanded. It was tought just walking to the expo because of it. It's been melting, so a little water on top of 1/2 of ice and away you go.

Aren't you in the Dallas area? Sorry to hear, I know they cancelled the Memphis St Jude last year because of ice. Could you find another one maybe next week, so the training can apply? Something close and cheap?

PADRunner

I'm actually closer to Irving than Dallas or Fort Worth and its the next one up. They canceled the Dallas Half on me in '13 because of ice. Looking like 33-39 for tomorrows race, 35% chance of rain. Getting more scattered freezing rain overnight. We'll see what the morning brings.

tracilynn

Aww man Pad, that is such a bummer. I'm so sorry. Damn damn.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the AG place, Robert.

Hope the damage control works, Lauren.

Good luck on the Full Half Marathon, PAD.  Careful on the ice.

Zelanie

PAD, that sucks!  Hope the HM turns out to be decent and not too slippery.