Beginners and Beyond

Complimentary Weekend Penguins (Read 24 times)

Hey pens,

I haven't been around much and I've run even less in the last few days. I got hit by work stress, bad work stress.

Still, I've had a chance to reflect on life, thr universe, and everything, and will probably come out better off for having gone through this. Also, it could still end up being nothing major. Who knows? Smile

I hear ya Zelanie. You are a wise lady to have faith while you are in the thick of it, to see that when you get on the other side of your troubles, you will be better because off it. Hang in there and enjoy a lovely evening with your DH.

Pad - here's hoping everything turns out for the best tomorrow. All your hard work training will pay off.

Congrats Robert!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Zelanie

Thanks, Kathleen!  I could still be making a fuss over nothing, we'll see.

I ran 12 on the TM and re-caught the pace bunny.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Robert, wow, an AG award, congrats!

PAD, I'm so disappointed for you.  I would cry but I hope you are more mature.   Have a great half marathon!

Zel, I hope whatever philosophical crisis you are going through turns out to be nothing like you think it might...

Damaris, is Seinfeld as funny as ever?

Kathleen, nice running and dealing with your IT issues.

Lauren, nice running and congrats on the weight loss.

Ginny - 9 and then 19 in that weather? Brr.  I hope it went well!

Jack, hope your PT appt went well; you'll get this figured out.

AFM:  Well, even though I got up super-early yesterday, by the time I left for my run, I didn't have time to get 11 miles in and then go with hubby to meet a contractor at our new house.  So, I ran 5.7.  Headed out at first light this morning for my 11! I think we are skipping church this morning because they had a parenting conference at our church yesterday and the speaker is continuing this morning...hubby and I decided since our kids are 19 and 21, it is too late for us...!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 18 with 3 X 3 @ MP. Fun!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We enjoyed the Seinfeld show.  He was funny, but he looks so young for 60!

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We enjoyed the Seinfeld show.  He was funny, but he looks so young for 60!

We saw him a few months ago.  Did you like the warm up comedian? Older guy, 50ish.?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It turns out I have some minor tendonitis along the tibia down to the ankle. I also had some major knots UNDER the tibia and in that little fleshy area between the achilles and ankle, hence all the pain. PT says to take a few more days off and start running easy on Tuesday. We'll see. I was expecting much worse so it's good news, I suppose. Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

It turns out I have some minor tendonitis along the tibia down to the ankle. I also had some major knots UNDER the tibia and in that little fleshy area between the achilles and ankle, hence all the pain. PT says to take a few more days off and start running easy on Tuesday. We'll see. I was expecting much worse so it's good news, I suppose. Smile

Good news, Jack.  Are you going to start running in the middle of the street now?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We saw him a few months ago.  Did you like the warm up comedian? Older guy, 50ish.?

He was OK but I couldn't understand what he was saying because of the sound coming into our section upstairs (we were to the side).

Damaris

tracilynn

yay zel for catching the pace bunny!  That red bar got on my nerves last year and there was no way I was gonna catch up.  I deleted that goals window.

jack good news! I have an appt with a sports massage person Wed who is known for digging out knots and putting the hurt on ya.

lol jerry

I ran 3.8 today.  The Blerch is still with me.  He won't go away  

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

How do I get the pace bunny?  I can't find him/her.

Zelanie

Jerry, you can add a personal goal in your running log, and then it will show you how you are doing towards your goal.  I use it to keep track of my 2015 goal, but you can set it for any time frame you like.

Got my 12 done again on the TM.  I think that's the first time I've run back to back 12s.  Smile

GinnyinPA

Snow started at 6:00 a.m. and continued most of the day, so I did my 19 on the treadmill.  After the soreness from yesterday's run, I wasn't sure I'd be able to run today, but I just kept it slow and easy and the leg pain stayed low key. That was a long long run.

Jack - that seems to be good news for you.  I hope the healing progresses quickly.

tracilynn

WTG ginny 19 on a treadmill is pretty awesome. 19 anyhow is pretty awesome

~~~~~~~

Traci