Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAY the 3rd (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8 miles on a warm but nice morning.  This week is high 60s for lows/upper 80s for highs, with plenty of humidity.  I'm not bitching, winter is coming.

This morning's run made me decide for certain that I wasn't running a half this month.  My fitness level is just not in PR shape.  I'm lighter and faster than I've ever been, but my running endurance isn't up to snuff.  The bike helps overall cardio, but 4-6 hours rides are not a substitute for consistent time on the feet.  If my winter running goes stays steady, I might target a race in February.  In the end, it's all good.  I'm just so glad I can still run 100 miles a month.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Run commute day.

Taper madness has begun. I'm feeling pains in my right foot. I keep thinking I've caught a cold...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 tonight.

Cy, I had the same yesterday. Sore throat, the fucking pain, the foot, I couldn't breathe, etc.  Maybe that will signal a good race for me.  Ha.

Damaris

onemile

Taper madness has begun. I'm feeling pains in my right foot. I keep thinking I've caught a cold...

aren't you still 2.5 weeks out from your race?

Cyberic

aren't you still 2.5 weeks out from your race?

Yep

delicate flower

'Morning.  After getting very little sleep Sunday and Monday nights, I slept 11 hours last night.  I needed that.  I took today off from work...treating it as a sick day.  I do have to run later.  It'll be interesting to see how that feels.

<3

onemile

Yep

that's a long way to go still

Cyberic

that's a long way to go still

Meaning? I should not freak out? I should not be in taper?

'Morning.  After getting very little sleep Sunday and Monday nights, I slept 11 hours last night.  I needed that.  I took today off from work...treating it as a sick day.  I do have to run later.  It'll be interesting to see how that feels.

Srsly???

4 miles.

Dave

onemile

Meaning? I should not freak out? I should not be in taper?

meaning if you're freaking out this bad already, the next two weeks will be rough 

Did you check the weather forecast yet?

Cyberic

meaning if you're freaking out this bad already, the next two weeks will be rough 

Did you check the weather forecast yet?

I'm not freaking out "badly" yet... I'm just getting started. But the woman has a cold, and I try to stay away from her. I don't sleep with her anymore. Before going to sleep (in the guest bed downstairs), I give her a quick peck on the forehead. She thinks I'm nuts. My oldest has a cold too, ffs.

For the weather forecast, no. Not yet. 

onemile

I'm not freaking out "badly" yet... I'm just getting started. But the woman has a cold, and I try to stay away from her. I don't sleep with her anymore. Before going to sleep (in the guest bed downstairs), I give her a quick peck on the forehead. She thinks I'm nuts. My oldest has a cold too, ffs.

For the weather forecast, no. Not yet. 

You might be better off to just catch it now and get it out of your system before the race!

KCRuns

Cy, go get a massage and relax or the next 2 weeks will feel like forever.  Also buy some Emergen-C Immune+ and take it every day.

I ran 6.75 to work this morning with my last speed work before race day - 5x 1000m w/200m recoveries plus 3x 200m/200m.  Paces for 1000m were 9:18, 9:20, 9:18, 9:20, 9:11, all in planned range (9:08-9:24).  200m were at 7:58, 8:03, 8:01.  It was warm and humid out today, UGH.

The run felt great, I feel great and now I just have to keep it together a few more days.  No matter what happens on Sunday, this is the best trained I've ever been and the best my body has ever felt going into a race.

sdWhiskers

6 miles on a hillier route. At least I tried to make it hilly...only ended up with 230 ft though.

Jealous of everyone's cooler fall weather as it's still in the 70s here. Weather forecast says rain today but I'll believe it when I see it... it hasn't rained since April.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles on a hillier route. At least I tried to make it hilly...only ended up with 230 ft though.

Jealous of everyone's cooler fall weather as it's still in the 70s here. Weather forecast says rain today but I'll believe it when I see it... it hasn't rained since April.

You are going through Florida Winter! 

Damaris