Beginners and Beyond

PICS ADDED TO FIRST POST: A1A Ft. Lauderdale Marathon RR: In Which the Docket Ran Her Coldest Marathon...and it was in South Florida (Read 187 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, some of the pics are up so I have not purchased them (until I see them all) but here are two of my favorites. One is with the gloves and the other is during the last mile (so no gloves).  Bad Ass enough?

Damaris

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Congrats again on the PR, Damaris!

Relentless forward progress

Not quite right

But then again, most of us wouldn't last an hour in the Florida heat that she runs in all the time Smile !

Great race and report. Wind is the worst!

Nice report and yea it gets above 60 here and I feel like I running on the surface of the sun

Wandering Wally

Nice job Damaris!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

runmomto3boys

I am not sure if I commented on this or not, so I am including this one just in case I forgot to, because I read it all!

Congratulations on a great race and an unexpected PR, not to mention the stars!!!  Things really fell into place for you!

happylily

D., great pictures! You do look bad ass! And you look great in the Inknburn stuff. :-)

I wasn't sure if you were still considering Montreal next fall. Let me know as soon as you know for sure, please! But remember that September here can be very hot and humid. Maybe compared to Miami it's nothing, though. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have not decided yet but if I don't do Paris for work reasons (sniff), that could be our international trip for 2013.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

We have not decided yet but if I don't do Paris for work reasons (sniff), that could be our international trip for 2013.

do you have a race budget for the year?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No.

do you have a race budget for the year?

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

awesome job!

SheCan

Congratulations on the PR, Damarus!  I can't believe how well you're doing with your asthma.  You just keep raking up those maniac stars and impressing the rest of us!  Love the pictures---I wouldn't have tossed that shirt either!

Also, sorry about your dad.  That is so scary!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forgot to mention the guy that completed the marathon dribbling two balls for charity.  He passed me at Mile 7 and later I passed him at Mile 21.  Still running and dribbling.

This is what he posted on his FB page:

Crossing the finish line of the PublixA1A Marathon breaking the Guinness World Record for fastest marathon while dribbling 2 basketballs entire 26.2 miles! More importantly raised and am still raising $$$ for a charity that is dear to me-OUR KIDS. 100% all donations go to charity! Go to DoctorDribble.com to donate. Thank you for the love and support! Dream big because anything I possible! This is just the beginning!

Damaris

BenTN

WTG D! Excellent splits, a well run race. Congrats on the 2nd star.

Supersono99

I couldn't help but laugh that someone asked if you were going to ditch your inkburn stuff, lol. Nice job.