Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Sundailies (Read 41 times)

Cyberic

In this week's episode of  I'm an idiot: I was feeling a sting in one of the toes on my right foot during my run today, but thought it was some kind of cramp or something and ran through it. So I get home and take off my shoes and my sock is completely drenched. Hmm, sweat? How could that be with how cold it was? Nope, I took off my sock and my toes were red, blood. It turns out the nail on my third toe was cutting into the skin on my second toe. Upon closer inspection, there was so much of it that it soaked through the top of my shoe. All I had to do was look down at any point from the halfway point of my run and I would have seen it but no, ain't nobody got time for that.

That sucks, dude. Pretty minor injury, though, thankfully.

Zelanie

1:30 in the pool today gives me 10:55 pool running this week.

LRB

1:30 in the pool today gives me 10:55 pool running this week.

That must've went by in the blink of an eye compared to the other day.

Zelanie

That must've went by in the blink of an eye compared to the other day.

Of course not. You know how recovery days can be.

LRB

Of course not. You know how recovery days can be.

Yes, I had one today. In the form of a long run.

I just ate half of a buttercream and fudge covered chocolate cake though guilt-free.

Zelanie

Yes, I had one today. In the form of a long run.

Those ones are rough.

LRB

That sucks, dude. Pretty minor injury, though, thankfully.

I actually think it's from wearing the Pure Cadence yesterday. I was feeling all kinds of little pings and twinges towards the end of that run. 9 + miles might be a bit much for me and that shoe. I'll keep an eye on that.