Beginners and Beyond

Superhero Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

LRB

Doesn't look too bad until you look at the scale on the left. 

That's the first thing I look for whenever viewing those. And. Dayum.

Great plan to not over do it and go out and run long on top of that. That's running wisdom kicking in. 👍

Cyberic

Good luck HCK

Zel, definitely not my kind of party.

Ran 3 this morning.

Gonna be about 40-41 tomorrow when I leave my house, and colder than that on the bridge, over the river, with the always present wind. It will be about 55, and sunny when I finish the race. Better chilly than too warm: you can always put clothes on.

Leaving for the expo soon. Gonna bring DS, so I won't stay there too long.

Fixed a scratch on my watch. Googled up how to fix scratched eye-glasses, because I figured if it's good for glasses, it's good for my watch, and decided to go with a baking soda paste (2 parts baking soda for 1 part water, mixed with a tooth pick) that I rubbed in circles with a soft cotton on the watch for about a minute. Rinsed the watch with faucet water, and it's brand new!!! Worked so well, I did my sunglasses too. Thought I'd share.

LRB

Good luck HCK

Ran 3 this morning.

Gonna be about 40-41 tomorrow when I leave my house, and colder than that on the bridge, over the river, with the always present wind. It will be about 55, and sunny when I finish the race. Better chilly than too warm: you can always put clothes on.

Fixed a scratch on my watch. Googled up how to fix scratched eye-glasses, because I figured if it's good for glasses, it's good for my watch, and decided to go with a baking soda paste (2 parts baking soda for 1 part water, mixed with a tooth pick) that I rubbed in circles with a soft cotton on the watch for about a minute. Rinsed the watch with faucet water, and it's brand new!!! Worked so well, I did my sunglasses too. Thought I'd share.

You're smarter than me, I spent a fortune on Garmin screen protectors. 

No news about the congestion is good news, I take it?

Those temps in the 40s are absolutely wonderful. Enjoy that.

Cyberic

You're smarter than me, I spent a fortune on Garmin screen protectors. 

No news about the congestion is good news, I take it?

Those temps in the 40s are absolutely wonderful. Enjoy that.

Not congestion free, but I'm still deciding if it will be a limiting factor or not. I'm not really out of breath at the end of a marathon... so... I dunno. I'm thinking maybe to go for a PR, but not a 3:10... maybe 3:12 or 3:13. It will be a last minute call.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5k was way harder than it should have been. 10k was ok, probably a little more consistent pace wise than the 5. 3rd AG in 5k and 2nd in the 10. I hate summer, any progress I made in the spring I feel like I've gone backwards from.

ETA, at least the group putting on the race, Elite Race Management, does an amazing job at being efficient. Random prize drawings were done during the race, and awards were started soon after most had finished. Huge contrast from last weekend. I think I actually was in my car earlier today to head home after both races than last weekend's 5k.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck HCK

Ran 3 this morning.

That's better weather than last year.  Go get it!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5k was way harder than it should have been. 10k was ok, probably a little more consistent pace wise than the 5. 3rd AG in 5k and 2nd in the 10. I hate summer, any progress I made in the spring I feel like I've gone backwards from.

ETA, at least the group putting on the race, Elite Race Management, does an amazing job at being efficient. Random prize drawings were done during the race, and awards were started soon after most had finished. Huge contrast from last weekend. I think I actually was in my car earlier today to head home after both races than last weekend's 5k.

Great job.

Damaris

Zelanie

Nice job, Half!

Good luck, Cy!

DavePNW

5k in 20:32. Nowhere near sub-20, but close to the onemile prediction. It was all I had. But it was a pretty casual-joggy field, which worked out nicely:

1/15 AG

6/330 OA

Will report swag whenever they do awards. I will wait around, because tons of food & whatnot, and beautiful day.

Dave

Cyberic

Race shirt and bib.

When I uploaded the pic to the tinypic web site, I had a captcha to enter. It was "sorry dave". Cool story bro.

Cyberic

Great day's work. What bling did you get for that?

Cyberic

5k in 20:32. Nowhere near sub-20, but close to the onemile prediction. It was all I had. But it was a pretty casual-joggy field, which worked out nicely:

1/15 AG

6/330 OA

Will report swag whenever they do awards. I will wait around, because tons of food & whatnot, and beautiful day.

Great work, Dave. 6th overall is very very nice.

Onemile is a seer! Any predictions on my race tomorrow?

onemile

Great work, Dave. 6th overall is very very nice.

Onemile is a seer! Any predictions on my race tomorrow?

Dave and I are tied at the 5k so my prediction only worked because I ran that same time while knee deep in MRT.

I would have a prediction for you, and it would be faster than a 3:10 but I don't really know how to factor in your cold. I haven't ever run a marathon with one. But your weather looks great and I hope you crush it

onemile

Nice job on placing in both