Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies with spring nowhere in sight (Read 27 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

And, wtg  onemile!

I ran 14.1 very slow miles, with 2 hills.  My pace on the hills was dismal, but I was moving forward.  I really didn't know I could run that slow.  The run really kicked my ass, hard.

Then I got home to find a leaking water heater and several inches of water in a hallway, bath, and bedroom.  I've been assholes and elbows since .  I've got the wet flooring out, and I'm waiting on a pizza.  I'm starving, as I've just had 2 cups of coffee all day.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

I'm never running another 5k again!

Ha, I believe it. Whatever you do, don't run a 10k, because I still have 1 second on you there.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Two hours to do on the bike trainer this morning. 

I watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation while I spinned.  That was a damn good movie.

<3

From the Internet.

19:56!!!!!!!!!

YAS. All of the gold stars for you!! Big grin

onemile

Ha, I believe it. Whatever you do, don't run a 10k, because I still have 1 second on you there.

I was planning on a second 5k late April but since I made my goal maybe I'll run the 10k there

Half Crazy K 2.0

Onemile, congrats on the sub 20!

Docket, that is one of my fears, showing up late to a race.

From the Internet.

I ran 6.1 with some strides. Started with my usual long run group, but that was too fast for the day before a race so I peeled off and did my own thing after a mile and a half or so.

The weather is back to looking good for tomorrow! No snow! 37-38F and overcast. To shorts or not to shorts? Will do club singlet, arm warmers, light hat and gloves on top. I have supercool ankle-zip track pants to warm up and cool down in, I just don't want to either melt or freeze during the race.

onemile

I ran 6.1 with some strides. Started with my usual long run group, but that was too fast for the day before a race so I peeled off and did my own thing after a mile and a half or so.

The weather is back to looking good for tomorrow! No snow! 37-38F and overcast. To shorts or not to shorts? Will do club singlet, arm warmers, light hat and gloves on top. I have supercool ankle-zip track pants to warm up and cool down in, I just don't want to either melt or freeze during the race.

Yes that is shorts weather

Runshortii

19:56!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! It sounds like you've been trying for awhile!

Cyberic

Good morning!

And, wtg  onemile!

I ran 14.1 very slow miles, with 2 hills.  My pace on the hills was dismal, but I was moving forward.  I really didn't know I could run that slow.  The run really kicked my ass, hard.

Then I got home to find a leaking water heater and several inches of water in a hallway, bath, and bedroom.  I've been assholes and elbows since .  I've got the wet flooring out, and I'm waiting on a pizza.  I'm starving, as I've just had 2 cups of coffee all day.

Have a great day folks!

That sucks. Good luck.

LRB

I ran 4.17 miles of 30 seconds hard - 2:30 moderate at the track. It wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. I'm getting there.

8.4 total.

Cyberic

Should I feel good about a faster paced long run, or am I running them too hard?

Depends on who you ask, I guess. Some very knowledgeable people say you can never run too slow, keep repeating to slow down. Other very knowledgeable people think it's good to have a more dynamic pace in a long run.

I say ( not very knowledgeable opinion here) as long as it doesn't tire you in a way that you'll cut short or slow down your next runs, then you weren't going too fast. A fast finish long run is a good thing IMO

DavePNW

Yes that is shorts weather

+1.

6 in a steady rain.

Dave

DavePNW

I was planning on a second 5k late April but since I made my goal maybe I'll run the 10k there

Yeah, that's what I would do. And target 6:45 splits, for sub-42.

Dave

onemile

I say ( not very knowledgeable opinion here) as long as it doesn't tire you in a way that you'll cut short or slow down your next runs, then you weren't going too fast. A fast finish long run is a good thing IMO

I agree. You can always ask your coach. I asked Addie if it was okay to run faster than her prescribed paces for workouts if I feel good and she said yes, as long as I am not crushing myself to do it. So that's what I would say here. As long as you are able to recover to run the rest of your schedule, hitting workout paces and not repeatedly getting injured, go for it.

PS I wish I could run my easy runs fast like a lot of you do but my legs can't handle that