Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Dave Day (Read 39 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

10K PR obliterated  39:48. 45 second PR. 5 OA. YEAH BUDDY. Don't know if I won my AG because results were totally fucked up. They said they'll email us. That is my first sub 40.  I nailed it today.

<3

LRB

10K PR obliterated  39:48. 45 second PR. 5 OA. YEAH BUDDY. Don't know if I won my AG because results were totally fucked up. They said they'll email us. That is my first sub 40.  I nailed it today.

WOOT!

Baboon

delicate flower

Dave is in at 3:50!  Nice job, Dave!

<3

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to both Dave and Baboon! Nice racing.

PR - I'm glad you're feeling confident enough to start having goals again.  Good luck.

Our local Beer Runners group had a fun run at 10k or HM distance. Since I"m still recovering, I went for the 6 miles. I actually got to run with someone today, so it went quickly, and then I returned to a good local craft beer, pulled pork sandwiches and BJs cookies. Nice.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woot!

Damaris

zzyzx

Jesus, sub 40 10k. I can't even imagine that speed Smile

My new goal is to start trying to push myself a bit. I've been consistent but kind of complacent. We'll see how long it lasts but today I focused a tad on speed. I used the treadmill to force myself to work and ran a 8:29 mile. Then I did 10 minutes on the bike and then said, "let's see what I can do." I then set the treadmill for 8 MPH and ran a 7:32 mile. That's the fastest I've done in years. It's nice to see I still have that gear.

DavePNW

It wasn't pretty, but it's #10 in the books. Officially 3:50:59. It was all I had today. Weather actually held out nicely. I have good things to say about Eugene, too bad I couldn't make more of it, but it was about what I expected.

Dave

DavePNW

HOLY CRAP! WTG, DUDE!!!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, nice race. Do you plan on taking some time off to see if it helps?

Baboon, damn! Way to break your PR!

Rest day for me.

Cyberic

Congrats on #10 Dave.

Great display of speed and stamina, Baboon!

DavePNW

DavePNW, nice race. Do you plan on taking some time off to see if it helps?

Yes. I am thinking of taking a week completely off, but we'll see.

Dave

Coastal

Baboon:  Holy cr**.  Damn nice PR.

Dave:  Nice running.

Ginny:  That's a great way to race.

PR:  Sounds like a good plan.  I'm wondering if maybe I should do something along those lines.

Got out for 8.38 on the road.  Temps was 52 at the start.  Caught a window between the gutter overflowing downpours we were getting this morning.  Got drizzled on for a bit in the middle but nothing bad.

Wow! Baboon, shit that's fast.  Dave, nice work. Hope food is soon and plentiful and good.

14 easy.

DavePNW

Dave, nice work. Hope food is soon and plentiful and good.

Honestly I'm not usually too hungry right after a marathon. They had free pancakes in the finish area, and I am all about pancakes. But they gave me two, and I couldn't even finish them. We hit the road right after; it's been 2.5 hrs since I finished the race, and haven't had lunch yet. But we'll probably stop soon, and I'm sure I will undertake some major calorie replenishment over the next 24 hours.

Dave