Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES and got no plans! (Read 42 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Ran some miles with breakfast club. It got cold outside! My planned half outfit may not be warm enough.

I made coffee in my k cup this morning, but I guess I didn't clean my travel mug well because it tasted like soap. Very sad.

B-Plus

I seem to have a mild hangover. I hope it goes away soon.

SRD

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Saturday! I ran 9 with one of my friends/co-workers earlier this morning. We had a blast. It was a new greenway for me, so I enjoyed a change of scenery.

DH is helping our neighbors clear some trees and brush. After they're done, we're going to score some grub and watch football all day.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Ric-G

baboon - have a good no-plan day

lrb- drinking first cup right now

brr - sometimes those treats look like the real thing

oski - like your first world problems

robert - got some yard stuff done yesterday

granite - good luck

D - good news

tom - good luck manana

marjorie - clockwork, nice

blue - may hit costco tomorrow

step - nice run this AM!

lilac - soapy coffee...thats a new one

b+ - sleep it off

hobbit - cool 9

easy 8 this AM, no watch, just running. soccer and tkd for the kids in a bit...followed by other jazz...hope everyone has a great day.

marathon pr - 3:16

Hip Redux

Another almost-fainted run. I was definitely fueled and hydrated this time. Dammit.

LRB

Hey everybody, I stretched for 45 minutes.  I am officially a girl!  Cool

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hey everybody, I stretched for 45 minutes.  I am officially a girl!  Cool

For how long???  Shocked

Yes mam........Let's go ahead & hand over that man card!!!  Cool

I'm headin down to the depot for some top soil to bed a few strips of sod on a bare patch between neighbor's & my yard.  Dunno if I'll run today or not.  Nearing the thought process of "maybe I'll never run again because of this $#^@! KNEE!!!!!!!!!!

So maybe I, too, will become a professional stretcher.  From 130 miles/month down to zero and maybe 130 minutes of stretching per month.

The future is bright.....not.  Angry

Randy

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Jesus, I couldn't stretch for 45 minutes if you paid me.  Now, a massage...

Kudos, I guess!

Hey guys! I did my longest run since injury, 6 miles!  I just woke up with lots of energy today and felt good so thought I'd make the best of it.  8:20 pace, felt nice and easy and back in the groove.  Automatic movement.  Yay running.  And zero pain. (For those not aware I had a femoral stress fracture in late June and only began running again 19 days ago).

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

Another almost-fainted run. I was definitely fueled and hydrated this time. Dammit.

If it is your blood pressure dropping, it may just need a bit more time.  I had an issue with low blood pressure once, the upper number was 74, I cannot remember the other one.  The doc was baffled as to why that was and could not figure it out.  I switched to decaf coffee for a few days on my own and inexplicably, it returned to normal.

Hip Redux

My normal BP is like 110/60. Not crazy low? Frustrated.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I kept my doctor's appointment this morning even though it was kind of unnecessary since my doctor called in my omeprezol prescription on Thursday. He has no reason to think this is anything but another recurrence of gastritis (my 4th or 5th in about 5 years), and considering I took lots of cold medication when I had a cold 2 weeks ago, and then antibiotics, and my stomach lining has a history of being very sensitive to medications, he felt no need to have any further tests done. I decided not to make it a total waste of an appointment and got my first flu shot ever though. So that's good....I guess?? The most interesting thing, however, is that I went to douchebag doctor that hates runners and was SUPER rude to me when I went to him with ITBS in January and basically told me it was my fault, to never run again, and slammed the door in my face. I had meant to find a new Primary Care Physician, but hadn't yet and since this was not running related and this doctor knows my history of gastritis and that the omeprezol has had success it just seemed easier to go to him. Well.....I went in my running attire, partially because the doctor's office is literally right next to one of my favorite parks to run in and I wanted to go for a run after since I was already there, and partially because I wanted him to know I was still running. I wore my Baltimore Half race shirt, Garmin, Road ID, and he couldn't miss the shirt because it is NEON GREEN. Guess what?? HE WAS SUPER NICE TO ME TODAY!!! Like oddly nice. So weird right....maybe he realized it was me who gave him a terrible review online??

Anyhoo.....went for a lovely lovely 4 mile run in the park after my appointment. It felt GREAT! Managed a 11:30 average (decently fast for an easy run for me) and my legs felt so good! Nice to run again (haven't run since my recovery jog Monday due to the stomach issues). Fall foliage was starting, it was a lovely mid 50s temperature, just an overall enjoyable run!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

:-(

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oski I hope you figure out what's going on soon!!! Could it be anemia?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Dude, cut that shit out.

Sad

So what actually happens? Do you know anyone who has a heart rate monitor?

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Kristin, I was on omeprazol(sp?) for awhile as I also have gastritis (had a perforated ulcer last year).  It really did help, but watch for stomach upset and nausea when you first begin taking it, and try to take it an hour or so before breakfast--so first thing in the morning.  GL dealing with that, that stuff suucks.

I still have some stomach issues when I run, as well.  All that jostling.  That was one thing I liked about my time off running when I was only swimming and biking.  Stomach was never upset.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb