Beginners and Beyond

ThursRainyDailies (Read 36 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Up early again for 8 with 5 at marathon pace.  Most of the time there was a very fine drizzle coming down, the type where the road under the trees stays dry but I get wet.  I had a little trouble getting up to speed, but an early downhill stretch helped with that and from then on I was OK.  Part of my run went through a park and there's a section where I have a choice between the park road or a paved path that runs through the trees parallel to the road.  Today I was reminded of why the path is the wrong choice early in the morning:  spider webs.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and 5.

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Put me down for another 41 miles on the bike.  I had occasional light rain, but it was so humid it didn't make a difference.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Good morning runners

Despite the humidity out there, my easy pace felt really easy. 7mi done 7:56avg. Thinking maybe I’m running some of my easy days too slow. I do run a lot slower than JDs easy pace a lot of the time. I just feel so much more efficient running a bit quicker.

Thinking i may race a trail 5k on July 4th. Was going to pace DW but one of her friends is running too so I don’t really have to run with her. It’s not super technical but is a very tough course. We’ll see what the weather does. No racing for me if it’s too hot.

ROS- did you watch the latest Handmaids Tale? WTF It was pretty disturbing and depressing.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

bluerun

Super B****

20 trainer miles.  My legs really hurt.  And I miss top roping.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

RCD

onemile

Cyberic

How are you feeling?

Better. Still have the remainings of a cold, but just normal. Lungs feel almost clear, or clear enough for running freely. Legs, I'm not sure of their state.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Did the group run yesterday...first time I've tried to climb a hill since my race. It didn't go too badly! I ran with my friends that had just done the Mohican 100 and some that had done the 50, so it was a fun ultra shuffle.

Tonight is a trail series race, but I'm going to do everything in my power to just run without racing.

Fred...Bummer about the weather! Running through spider webs is miserable...I usually like to send someone ahead for them.

Docket...Sounds like a rough night at orange fitness last night! Enjoy the run today

Pleasant...Do you just happen to have a route that is 41? I seem to remember seeing that number a lot.

Jay...I've noticed that your easy runs are pretty relaxed...bordering on what I'd call recovery runs. Still, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. The only real reason I speed up the easy runs is just to get through the miles shorter. You're able to get in really good quality work because your legs aren't beat up from faster easy miles. I guess you can experiment with it a bit and see how you're feeling, but I doubt you're losing much with the slower easy runs.

Blue...Nice job on the 5k yesterday! Is the climbing something you've been prohibited from doing, or do you just not have time?

Cyberic..Glad you are doing better.

Onemile...What's new?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

onemile

Better. Still have the remainings of a cold, but just normal. Lungs feel almost clear, or clear enough for running freely. Legs, I'm not sure of their state.

so you're going to do it? right?

onemile

Onemile...What's new?

Me? Not much. Just trying to get back in shape here.

bluerun

Super B****

Blue...Nice job on the 5k yesterday! Is the climbing something you've been prohibited from doing, or do you just not have time?

My climbing partner had an unfortunate kitchen accident with a sharp knife a couple of weeks ago.  I can boulder until she's able to climb again, but that means I will often fall off the wall, and that hurts when my legs are being this obnoxious.

chasing the impossible

Cyberic

so you're going to do it? right?

Still not 100% sure, but I'd say 70% sure I'll do it. This morning I got to work not tired at all, as it should. A 5.5 mile should feel easy to me. Especially with all the time off I took lately.

I'm not sure it's smart to do it, training wise, but it's the only race I enter for fun, and if I skip it and jump into marathon training, I will miss the fun. Because it IS fun for the first 22-25 miles. Not chip timed. The results are in 1 minute jumps. For example, my time would be either 4:24:00 or 4:25:00. I get to chat with fellow runners of about my strength for a few hours, which is not something I do often as a lone runner.

But I think there's rain on the forecast. If it rains like hell, that takes away the fun, and if it is cold rain, it might not help my cold.

So I'm still not 100% sure what I'll do, but leaning towards doing it.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Cy - Hope you catch a break with the weather and can have some fun.  Sounds like you're leaning in that direction if things go well.

blue - Nice 5K!  Can't your friend just offer to belay and not climb?

Jay - You know my answer on the 5K trail race. 

SIAR - Can we see a video of your ultra shuffle?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

blue - Nice 5K!  Can't your friend just offer to belay and not climb?

But you need hands to belay too!  I've long wished they had professional belayers there.  Would be the best thing ever.

chasing the impossible